Pro-433 on Clearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ejohnsonmfr

I got a Pro-433 at my local RS dealer for $119. I figured it would work well in my truck. What antenna should I get? I have the glass mount in the truck now, but reception is not good at all.

tonybx

Premium Subscriber
Pro-433 On Clearance

I don't know what antenna to get for your car but I just wanted to say i also got mine on clearance this week. The instructions were poor but once I learned how to program it i was happy as pie. I only wish it had the ability to input the name associated with the frequency. I use it at home to help me locate the CTCSS and DCS of certain frequencies. I do a search for the codes on my Yaesu 7800 tranceiver while keeping the Pro-433 on the frequency to know for sure if something is being transmitted (I have the tone squelch on the transceiver). Also I can listen to stuff on the scanner while giving my 7800 a break (it has 1300 memory channels).
I live in 24 story high rise in the Bronx and have very good reception for most anything. Hope you find an excellent antenna for the radio. Hopefully our clearance items serve us well.

Tony

Last edited:

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
Learned the hard way!

Don't purchase one of those through the glass antennas, they are crap. Especially if you have tinted windows. The metal in the tint blocks the signal from transfering through the glass. Drill a hole in the roof, get a good antenna and do it right!

robertsperry

My wife got me the 433 for my birthday bot even knowing what was needed in our town. She just wanted an inexpensive scanner. Well it works great for what I need it for. I kind of miss the alpha tags but I listen to enough channels that I remember what the TG's are. I debated going back to upgrade it but am glad I didn't. I use the ARC433 software with a premium subscription and love it. Anyone wanting to get into scanning on a budget I would highly recommend it. I did upgrade to the Radio Shack 800mhz antenna and saw an improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.