Pro 433 programming cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireDawgEMT22

I just recently made a programming cradle for my Minitor V, and since it worked so great I figured i would just try and see if it worked on my Pro 433 also.

I used 1/8" 3 contact stereo plugs to connect to an old Kenwood programming cable I had.

I figured I could use the Kenwood USB portion for the TTL to RS232 going into a box I set up for either combination of the 1/8" plug. Plugs for both Tip TX to scanner/ring receive from scanner or Tip RX from scanner/ring TX to scanner with both set up as the sleeve gnd. And am using a standard stereo 1/8" to 1/8" cable.

I adjusted the ARC 433 software to comport 18, which is what my USB connection is using for a comport.

It works great for programming my pager but it will not detect the scanner no matter which combination I am using.

Is this project just useless, or is there something I am missing? Any help would be great.

FireDawgEMT22

So I just bought a GRE PSR600, and it came with a programming cable. From what I read I can use this same cable from my GRE for my RS Pro433. The problem is in ARC433, it says it cannot detect the scanner. I have set the Comm Port to the one listed on my device manager for the USB cable and it isnt working. Is there something I am missing here?

Status
Not open for further replies.