PRO-433 rebanding question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

perly58

Does anyone know if the PRO-433 is able to do rebanding and if so what does it take to do this? I listen to RPD and they went to rebanding last month which has left me dead air.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
Does anyone know if the PRO-433 is able to do rebanding and if so what does it take to do this? I listen to RPD and they went to rebanding last month which has left me dead air.

Are they using a Motorola system or EDACS system?

If EDACS just reprogram the system with the new frequencies with the proper logical channel order.

If Motorola it will not track a rebanded system.

When this scanner was first released RS indicated that it could be flashed for rebanding. The radio was discontinued and a flash update never materialized.

DickH

There are only 437 RPDs in the U.S. If we know which one, maybe we can offer some suggestions. The PRO-433 will still work OK on some systems after re-banding.

perly58

I live in Roseville California 95747, and they use a Motorola system.

Last edited:

perly58

So there is no firmware or flash that can be done to update my scanner for rebanding?

Status
Not open for further replies.