Pro 433 Talk Groups Id setup help

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLTownsend

New to the site and have a very little basic understanding of scanners.

have the Pro 433 and am trying to program in some talk groups though when I follow the manual what they say is suppose to happen doesn't it or perhaps it just me and my ignorance.

If anyone could please help get this scanner setup with the talk group Id. I would appreciate it very much. Remember pretty much scanner stupid here.

TLTownsend

On this site I went to State Radio Reference and clicked on Bay County, Florida and it gave some Primary Freq and then below it gave a list of talk group Ids.

Bay Medical Center EMS Talkgroups

DEC HEX Description Tag
57040 ded Dispatch
57072 def Bay Medical Center
57136 df3 Gulf Coast Medical Center
57168 df5 Tactical 1
57328 dff Administration

Now maybe I am off base here but the way I understood the manual I could put ten talk group Ids for each bank. Really not sure what a Talk Group is or works. What I really would like so that my wife who wants to hear the ambulances for the hospitals here in Panama City, Florida. Sorry if all this sounds really stupid but the wife is disabled and enjoys listening.

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
This system has 12 channels. The control channel rotates between the three channels identified with the red text. For control channel scanning, just the control channels need to be input.

Next, go to the trunk group ID list and enter the DEC number of the TGID you want to listen to. This radio has 10 different TGID lists per bank.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
If using the CC only option you will need to set it to Plan 1. There are actually 4 red freqs in the database.

DickH

TLTownsend said:
If anyone could please help get this scanner setup with the talk group Id. I would appreciate it very much. Remember pretty much scanner stupid here.

Join this free group. On the left side, click FILES. There you will find a simple explanation about trunking and step by step programming for the PRO-433.
That WIKI page will not help you, since the PRO-433 is not listed and it programs differently than most scanners.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PRO-433_scanners

bearcatboy22

I could definitely use some help setting up an EDACS System here in wonderful digital Michigan. If someone could look up the Allegan County Public Safety Talk Group freq's and try to give me some tips that would be great. I have programmed the channels in LCN and I've tried programming the ID list in both AFS and DEC with absolutely no luck. When I monitor the control freq without the trunking on I hear only encoded radio transmission blips,beaps, and grinding. Yet when I turn the trunking on I get nothing. Huh? Also when I listen to the live feed from Allegan County what am I hearing; the control channel? Could someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong. Thanks!

Evan

bearcatboy22

You've answered your own question. The PRO-433 can not receive digital voice.

Yes, it is digital Michigan but this Talk Group operates with analog voice. Oh, by the way fmon, I forgot to mention that I am programming this manually and I don't have the ARC433 program or the interface cable.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Oh, by the way fmon, I forgot to mention that I am programming this manually and I don't have the ARC433 program or the interface cable.
Forum title " Pro 433 Talk Groups Id setup help"

However, program the frequencies as listed in ARC (channels 1 through 10) and tag them any way you wish. Turn Trunk to ON for each, enter the ID's in either format but make sure the mode is the same for each.

Status
Not open for further replies.