pro 433

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjmilitia

Premium Subscriber
I have been having problems with this scanner. I have the cable and software from this site recomended for thr pro 433. i got all the frequincies and trunking ids for the county i live in but when it is all uploaded in to the scanner it says everything is done and fine but when i go to scan the trunking chanels i hear nothing. the only time the 800 mhz works is when i search and when i do that i only have the frequincy. so i went with thouse frequincies and added the id's for the sheriff and police fire etc and nothing happens, is there a firmware update for the radio shack pro 433 or am i doing it wrong????? any and all help is welcome please help

DickH

I have been having problems with this scanner. I have the cable and software from this site recomended for thr pro 433. i got all the frequincies and trunking ids for the county i live in but when it is all uploaded in to the scanner it says everything is done and fine but when i go to scan the trunking chanels i hear nothing. the only time the 800 mhz works is when i search and when i do that i only have the frequincy. so i went with thouse frequincies and added the id's for the sheriff and police fire etc and nothing happens, is there a firmware update for the radio shack pro 433 or am i doing it wrong????? any and all help is welcome please help

For Washoe county you have to put in all 15 freqs. in the exact channels per the LCN (Logical Channel Number). The small numbers in front of each freq. tell which channel.
You MUST start in channel 01 or 101 or 201, etc., NOT 00 or 100 or 200, etc. Read page 24 of the manual.
Make sure the bank is set for ED (EDACS) mode.

mjmilitia

Premium Subscriber
I have done this with the sofware from this site for that scanner. i have read page 24 well i have read the whole manual about 100 times and i still seam to have a problem and please explain lcn a little more for me i dont under stand LCN

DickH

I have done this with the sofware from this site for that scanner. i have read page 24 well i have read the whole manual about 100 times and i still seam to have a problem and please explain lcn a little more for me i dont under stand LCN

In EDACS trunking systems the control channel sends a continuous data stream that your scanner monitors. In that data stream it tells your scanner which channel number to switch to - ch. 4 or 15 or 2, etc. It uses the actual channel number, NOT a frequency.

Motorola system control channels do not use the actual channel numbers, they use a different set of numbers. They also do not send the actual freqs. over the control channel.

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin
Status
Not open for further replies.