pro 433 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

timmer

Apparently, here in Illinois, re-banding is underway. Is the pro433 ready out of the box to handle the new frequencies, or does it have to be upgraded from RS website or sent back to RS?

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
timmer said:
Apparently, here in Illinois, re-banding is underway. Is the pro433 ready out of the box to handle the new frequencies, or does it have to be upgraded from RS website or sent back to RS?

Frrom the Radio Shack web page: "Preprogrammed with the most popular frequencies, it works right out of the box."

"Upgradeable to comply with proposed rebanding of 800 MHz band", *Could* be via software patch or tables in ScanCat lite plus.

Bucko

Don't waste your time with SCL like I did, it is Junk. I use the ARC433 by Butel and the RS 20-047 usb cable. I use this combo with 433, 528 and a 2051 with no problems.

n2mdk

timmer said:

Depends upon what you mean by rebanding, if you mean simple frequency shifting then yes it will work out of the box. If your talking about "true" rebanding meaning a shift in Motorola channel numbering and spacing then no it won't.
The truth of the matter is until "true" rebanding takes place no one knows if the current group of "upgradeable" scanners will actually work with it.

kd5dga

Premium Subscriber
I recommend ARC433 to program the scanner.
I never tried scancat lite.
Actually I did try scancat lite last year and the program would not run on my computer.Scan cat lite kept locing my computer up.

Status
Not open for further replies.