Pro-44 -Scanner help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redecash

Hello everyone,

this is my first post, thanks for any help in advance.

I inherited this scanner from a deceased radio enthusiast. I have programmed in Noah (162.40 & 162.475), but can't seem to get much else. Can I pick up police, fire, EMS, etc with it?

Is this thing worth keeping, or should I go buy a newer one?

I live in North West Central Florida, in Citrus County. I am trying to pick up the Citrus County sheriff.

Any help is much appreciated.

Best Regards,

pinetree

Do a google search on pro-44 for the specs. and radio shack info. Then check on this site for the freqs. in the database. You should be able to get fire tone outs.

Last edited:

Redecash

Thank you Dave, I did the google search before posting, but being an older unit the information out there was not so great.

Best regards,

Mike

Redecash

Thank you Jerri,

I appreciate the links. I see the Convetional frequencies, but I now realize the Pro-44 only goes up to 512MHZ (can't reachg the sheriff frequencies apparently).

I have a silly question on the trunked link, what does "DEC" and "HEX" stand for?

Best Regards,

Mike

LEH

Premium Subscriber
DEC is decimal and HEX is hexadecimal. They are the same representation of a value in different numeric formats. For example 10 in DEC is 10, but decimal 10 in HEX is the letter A.

Hex goes from 0 to 9 then includes the letters A to F which gives up to fifteen decimal values. Hex 10 is DEC 16.

Just stick with the DEC values.

Status
Not open for further replies.