Pro-50 Snapped Belt Clip

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyceTheFox

As the title states, I recently accidentally snapped the belt clip on my Pro-50 scanner. Is there any place I can get a replacement, beside buying another Pro-50 scanner and using the clip from that one? If I can't, I guess I could just design a new one and 3D print it. I really like the look of the original one though.yikes.jpg

spacellamaman

As the title states, I recently accidentally snapped the belt clip on my Pro-50 scanner. Is there any place I can get a replacement, beside buying another Pro-50 scanner and using the clip from that one? If I can't, I guess I could just design a new one and 3D print it. I really like the look of the original one though.View attachment 71151

Hmmm my PRO-50 came with a plastic rectangular bar on the back held on by two phillips screws. Now I know why!!!! I always thought it would be a good place for a belt clip.

Buy another PRO-50? In a condition better than yours? Good luck!

What kind of antenna is on that beast?

Design and 3D print a new one? Am I missing something here?

(Full disclosure: My first scanner was a PRO-50. It still works very well. Not a hater.)

RoyceTheFox

Hmmm my PRO-50 came with a plastic rectangular bar on the back held on by two phillips screws. Now I know why!!!! I always thought it would be a good place for a belt clip.

Buy another PRO-50? In a condition better than yours? Good luck!

What kind of antenna is on that beast?

Design and 3D print a new one? Am I missing something here?

(Full disclosure: My first scanner was a PRO-50. It still works very well. Not a hater.)
This scanner was given to my brother by my late neighbor, who I suppose was into RF. I was young then, I had no clue what all of the stuff he had was. Was kept in my basement for years, and I always wondered what it was. Had corroded batteries so I opened it, cleaned it up, put new ones in and it worked. Thus began my radio obsession. Sure it shows some wear and tear, but it works pretty well. Despite the back light being broken. I still have to figure out the voltage of that lamp so I can replace it with something.

And for the antenna, it was a Kenwood antenna pulled off of a Kenwood TK-3302U-K because I didn't have an antenna at the time. As you could see I had a BNC to SMA adapter lol. Served well, I have a new antenna on it now.

And yea, I took CADD classes in sophomore year of HS. I copied the design of the old one, printed it, and now it's on there. Works really well. And if it breaks, oh well. I could print a new one.

(PRO-50 was my first scanner too :D.)

spacellamaman

This scanner was given to my brother by my late neighbor, who I suppose was into RF. I was young then, I had no clue what all of the stuff he had was. Was kept in my basement for years, and I always wondered what it was. Had corroded batteries so I opened it, cleaned it up, put new ones in and it worked. Thus began my radio obsession. Sure it shows some wear and tear, but it works pretty well. Despite the back light being broken. I still have to figure out the voltage of that lamp so I can replace it with something.

And for the antenna, it was a Kenwood antenna pulled off of a Kenwood TK-3302U-K because I didn't have an antenna at the time. As you could see I had a BNC to SMA adapter lol. Served well, I have a new antenna on it now.

And yea, I took CADD classes in sophomore year of HS. I copied the design of the old one, printed it, and now it's on there. Works really well. And if it breaks, oh well. I could print a new one.

(PRO-50 was my first scanner too :D.)

you are the Good Home all the other PRO-50's wish they had. Even my PRO-50 is giving me the stink eye after hearing this story.

*whine* "why don't you make me a new belt clip? huh? why don't you make me a new belt clip? I bet RoyceTheFox would make me a new belt clip...." *whine*

"cause of your overabundance of RFI makes you not play well with others... and you were adopted in a pawn shop parking lot. thats why. go ask your mother..."

I've got one one. I'll sell it to you for $6.00 if you want.

does the belt clip come with it too?

Status
Not open for further replies.