Pro-50

Status
Not open for further replies.

doogie63

Hello and Thanks,
I bought RS Pro-50 back around 2006 for my dad. He has now passed away and I have the Pro-95. I bought cable online and should be here this week.

I have never even messed with a scanner before and know nothing about them expect you can listen to the police and fire dept ect...

I want to program scanner for Fayetteville NC police and etc...
Cumberland County, North Carolina (NC) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

But been reading up on scanner all this weekend and see where they talk about most police now use digital which the Pro-95 I have read does not do digital.

I have d/l win95 but still not really sure how to type on the station into win95. Is there a guide or youtube or even just screen shots for what to do. Or i'm I wasting my time with Pro-95 being so old.
or a p95 file (and let me know what area from) so I can load and see how and where to enter stuff like example.

I notice my dad must have never figure it out because did not seen anything loaded in from our area.

Thanks for any help

K4ASJ

Premium Subscriber
Cumberland County now operates on the VIPER system which is all p25 digital. You will need a digital trunking scanner to be able to monitor most of the traffic. However you can still hear the analog fire and EMS dispatch frequencies with your current scanner.

K4ASJ

Premium Subscriber
Thanks at least now I will not be wasting my time typing in Police info.

What about Motorola Type II Smartnet would I be able to pick this up?
City of Fayetteville Trunking System, Fayetteville, North Carolina - Scanner Frequencies

Once I figure all this out may get me a digital system to listen to police this may turn out to be fun.

If your scanner is not trunking capable you will not be able to. Most everything these days require a digital trunking scanner to be able to monitor. According to the database the city of Fayetteville system operates in an analog format so you may be able to pick it up if your scanner picks up analog trunking systems

reconrider8

Well technically you can monitor an analog trunking system with a standard channel by just monitoring the voice channels with no hold on it but you will still miss out on some traffiv

doogie63

I think I do have trunking
Features say:
Your RadioShack Handheld
Scanner is one of a new
generation of scanners designed
to track Motorola Type I and II
(such as Smartnet and Privacy
Plus) and hybrid analog trunking
systems, and GE/Ericsson
(EDACS) type systems, which
are extensively used in many
communication systems.

kd8x

I think I do have trunking
Features say:
Your RadioShack Handheld
Scanner is one of a new
generation of scanners designed
to track Motorola Type I and II
(such as Smartnet and Privacy
Plus) and hybrid analog trunking
systems, and GE/Ericsson
(EDACS) type systems, which
are extensively used in many
communication systems.

you should be good to go then as far as any analog systems....

doogie63

I think i'm programming it right but not too much to listen too on analog. I hear a few things but pretty much boring stuff.

doogie63

Well first cable I got was no good so I just went to RS to get a cable. Now everything works. Now just need to learn how to program this thing with win95. Typing in by hand was taken too long. Need to learn where frequency data goes into which column of win95. Working on Cumberland Co. see bunch of walmarts so may play around with them too. And need to learn Motorola Type II Smartnet for City of Fayetteville.

does anyone have an old .p95 file?

Status
Not open for further replies.