Pro-528 and Pro-433 WIKI Articles available

Status
Not open for further replies.

amusement

Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2004
Messages
383
Produced two quickie articles covering some general info on both scanners.

So ... head to RR WIKI and look for Radio Shack and you will find both scanners listed.
 

nyscan

Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2004
Messages
265
amusement said:
Confirmed no PL tones and no alpha tags.
Unbelievable...You would think they would be basic nowadays. Why would RS even bother with the 97/2055 available at the prices they are?
 

KCChiefs9690

CQ DX
Joined
Mar 20, 2004
Messages
1,786
Location
Lewis Center, OH
amusement said:
Confirmed no PL tones and no alpha tags.
It seems like GRE's technology level in their scanners is going down with every new model. If they think this scanner should be a "beginners scanner", with no alphas or tones, they already have the PRO-83, PRO-2054, PRO-82, and the PRO-2018 in production.

They don't need any more "beginners scanners". And, I heard the starting price is going to be $169.99.
 
N

NWTSCL

Guest
nyscan said:
Unbelievable...You would think they would be basic nowadays. Why would RS even bother with the 97/2055 available at the prices they are?
Actually, it was Uniden who "bothered" because they created them. Ask Uniden why they created them that way. Rat Shack sees them as additional sales.
 

nyscan

Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2004
Messages
265
NWTSCL said:
Actually, it was Uniden who "bothered" because they created them. Ask Uniden why they created them that way. Rat Shack sees them as additional sales.
RS contracted with Uniden for those particular products to be made under the RS label. They already have several products in that niche and they have the 97/2055 which is a step above with tones and tags that can be had for about the same price.
 
N

NWTSCL

Guest
nyscan said:
RS contracted with Uniden for those particular products to be made under the RS label. They already have several products in that niche and they have the 97/2055 which is a step above with tones and tags that can be had for about the same price.
Does this mean that Uniden charges more than GRE?
 

amusement

Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2004
Messages
383
NWTSCL said:
Does this mean that Uniden charges more than GRE?
Good question!

Radio Shack saved a few bucks by using a similiar (if not the same) case, plus it appears
the RF board might be extremely similiar to the Pro-94 by some of the preliminary info.

Which means the $$$ invested into the Pro-528 is all in the logic board. Of course there's not much $$$ invested because there's no PL tone detection or alpha tags.

I think RR should have a nickname contest for the Pro-528. I think "recycled" would be my first choice.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top