Pro-528 - programming trunking frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Landaro2003

With the recent purchase of a Pro-528, I have programmed the scanner to manual using latest trunking frequencies on here. I've also added the IDs individually for different talk groups. Yet....the IDs are showing up during search with transmissions that are only static and I have adjusted squelch. During search there are transmissions showing "Found" but silence only. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Gilly1980

Pro-528

When I programmed my 528 I didn't need to program the IDs individually. I just programmed the frequencies and the talkgroup IDs show up on their own. I would suggest resetting your scanner and starting fresh. Remember to only program one trunked system per bank. By the way, what did you pay for your scanner since it's been discontinued?

Landaro2003

Thanks....

I actually thought of doing just as you said and breaking the frequencies up into different banks. For our city public safety ( Police, Fire, etc...) there is one primary frequency and several alternatives. I put them all in the first few channels of bank 3. Perhaps I will split them all up into different banks and it might help.

I figured it was a discontinued scanner but still new in package for $70 which to me was alot cheaper than a new one for minimum of $150.

Thanks for the reply...I'll let you know if I get it all worked out. I'm picking up some public works I think time to time but no police or fire talkgroups.

Status
Not open for further replies.