Pro-528 two questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insomniac

I got a Pro-528 recently from a co-worker who did not use it anymore for $50 without the manual. It looks almost brand new and works great. I have two questions... My local PD that I listen to has three frequencies they use that my co-worker gave to me. There is, 859.9875, 866.3250, 868.6250.... my question is this. On this page they have My PD listed as frequencies that are different from what I have been listening to. Why is this? my second question is sometimes if there is an undercover deal going on or a major event, they will say to go to channel two or three ect. for that specific even accident ect. is there a way I can listen to just that event and not hear random traffic stops or other things in the middle of what i want to stay listening to? for example... if someone says something on freq. 859.9875 it might get replied to on 868.6250... but i will hear a random traffic stop on freq. 866.3250 if that makes any sence... sorry for a long post, and thanks in advance! BTW the local PD I listen to is Elgin, IL police in Kane county IL

Last edited:

bezking

Hi and welcome to RadioReference, Insomniac.

I have moved your thread to the RadioShack Scanners forum. In the future, please take a look at all the forums we have to offer before posting. Posting in the best possible forum for your question will help to ensure a quicker and more accurate response.

Thanks!

Last edited:

rmiller818

My guess is you are trying to listen to a trunking system but it is not setup properly. To help you more, we need to know what/where you are trying to listen to.

You might want to read up some on the basics of trunking:
Trunking Basics - The RadioReference Wiki

and it would probably be easier to use software to program it, you can get that here:
RadioShack PRO-433 PRO-528 PRO433 PRO528 Software

and here is an online copy of the manual:
http://rsk.imageg.net/graphics/uc/rsk/Support/ProductManuals/2000528_PM_EN.pdf

Insomniac

Ok, thanks for the replies. I just tried programming in the red frequencies from the Elgin page which are the primary control channels as to the directions from the online manual rmiller818 provided. It didn't seem to pick up anything. I will need to play with this for a bit. When selecting the Trunk system, Motorola Type II Smartnet would be E2-800 correct? I will print out the manual tonight and get to reading, thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.