PRO-62 Inquiry

Status
Not open for further replies.

MEDCOM518

Hello everyone!
I just picked up a PRO-62 super cheap after having bought a new WS1010 from Walmart that didn't hit 800MHz. So, I programmed it for all the Albany Metro Project 25 channels and so far have only heard what seem to be random data bursts. I am located in East Greenbush and should be able to hear Albany being right on top of the hill. Anyway, I am hoping that some of you can help me out here. I am just getting back into monitoring after not really being into that since 1996 and I fear that this may be the wrong scanner because it doesn't have trunking. Thanks for your patience and understanding!

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Hello everyone!
I just picked up a PRO-62 super cheap after having bought a new WS1010 from Walmart that didn't hit 800MHz. So, I programmed it for all the Albany Metro Project 25 channels and so far have only heard what seem to be random data bursts. I am located in East Greenbush and should be able to hear Albany being right on top of the hill. Anyway, I am hoping that some of you can help me out here. I am just getting back into monitoring after not really being into that since 1996 and I fear that this may be the wrong scanner because it doesn't have trunking. Thanks for your patience and understanding!

That scanner won’t decode P25.

MEDCOM518

That scanner won’t decode P25.
So basically, it's as useless as the WS1010 in the Capital District? How much and what do I need to hear stuff and not take out a second mortgage? I would like to get back into the hobby, but all the technical details have changed and I'm sort of adrift in it all now.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Continue here…

Status
Not open for further replies.