Pro-651 No Radio Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

therocketman93

Premium Subscriber
Hello all,

I've own a Pro-651 for a little over a year and it's been great.It stays in my car while I rotate through 3-5 talk groups during my commute. It normally runs on some rechargeable Panasonic batteries, but I do have a car adapter I use occasionally as well.

About a month ago I realized I hadn't heard radio traffic in a while. Came to find out that no matter what I did I could no longer get any radio audio. I hear static as I increase/decrease the volume, I hear the button beeps, but no radio on either the speaker or the headphone jack. I've tried the NOAA broadcast as well to try something analog and not trunked, nothing. I hadn't made any software changes recently so I've been thinking it might be hardware related. I reset to factory defaults and nothing changed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Chronic

If you are running it on an adapter , try running it on batteries. Some adapters create so much electrical noise it swamps out the receiver .

DJ11DLN

I know it's only been 3 days, but any update?
Not likely, even if he got it sent on the 14th, it may just be arriving at G&G. And with a Sunday and a holiday in the way...who knows.

It's moot point now, but I didn't see this earlier. I picked up my Pro-651 for next to nothing a good while back. It was not working, which explained the cheap price. It would come on and appear to scan but never stop and no audio or NOAA. Considering the whole $5 I had in it, I figured I could take a chance and took it apart. The two boards weren't snapped securely together. Once they seated properly, it came to life and has worked flawlessly ever since. Whether it came from the factory that way or had worked apart over time is unknown to me.

I hope that the problem with the OP's scanner is that minor.

Status
Not open for further replies.