Pro-651/Pro-106 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tramagod

This question may have been asked and answered alaready but I can't find a thread on it. I just got my new Pro-651 (Pro-106) and I programmed it with the ARC500 demo software. When I put my radio in scan the display reads "Nothing enabled" with an upper case GA above that. I can go therough the memory in manual mode and my systems and TG's are in there. I even ran the WX scan and it transmits that with no problem. What am I missing here? Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

QDP2012

If you haven't already done this, you might want to

1) ensure that you have assigned each frequency/talkgroup to a ScanList

2) when in "scan" mode, push the keypad number that corresponds to the assigned ScanList

In other words, in ARC500, in the Object Browser, for each row (either an analog frequency or a digital talkgroup), in the ScanList column, select the desired ScanList number for that row's frequency/talkgroup

Example:
ScanList 1 might contain your local PD analog-frequencies/digital-talkgroups
ScanList 2 might contain your local FD analog-frequencies/digital-talkgroups
ScanList 3 might contain your local State Police
ScanList 4 might contain your RailRoad items
ScanList 5 might contain your Ham items
etc

Then save the file, upload it to the scanner.

And then when the scanner is in "scan" mode, push the "1", "2", "3", "4", and "5" buttons, to enable those scanlists.
If you don't want to listen to a particular one, then push that undesired number again to toggle the scanlist off.

When active/enabled, the scanlist number will display on the screen. A period "." displays in-place of the scanlist number when it is deactivated/off. To enable scanlists 11-20, use key-sequence "func" and then the scanlist number. ScanLists "21", and "22" are the "Favorites" and the "SkyWarn" scanlists.

Hope this helps,

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
This question may have been asked and answered alaready but I can't find a thread on it. I just got my new Pro-651 (Pro-106) and I programmed it with the ARC500 demo software. When I put my radio in scan the display reads "Nothing enabled" with an upper case GA above that. I can go therough the memory in manual mode and my systems and TG's are in there. I even ran the WX scan and it transmits that with no problem. What am I missing here? Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

From the WIKI:

"Nothing Enabled" error:
  • No scanlists are enabled. Turn on one or more scanlists.
  • Scanlists are enabled but empty. Create and/or associate objects with scanlists.
  • Scanlist is enabled but all objects in scanlist are locked out. Unlock some objects.
  • Note - For a TSYS it's possible to lock out a wildcard talkgroup AND the TSYS itself, which will cause "Nothing Enabled" until both are unlocked.

Tramagod

As I'm going through the objects that are stored I'm seeing an "ns" next to each object. I assume it means not scanned which would mean they're not assigned to a scan list, is that correct?

gh6406

Premium Subscriber

About the upper case GA above, that means that you have Global Attenuator turned on also. To turn it off, press PGM, then F3, scroll down to about the 14th line, it should read Global Atten: OFF. Hope this helps.

N8IAA

As I'm going through the objects that are stored I'm seeing an "ns" next to each object. I assume it means not scanned which would mean they're not assigned to a scan list, is that correct?

Yep. When you assign them a ScanList, remember List 1 is the default, and all will end up there. Make sure to separate them.
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.