Pro 651 scanlist question

Status
Not open for further replies.

n4nct

Is there any way to assign more than one trunking system to a Scanlist using the ARC 500 software ? If I wan t to scan more than one trunking site for a particular scanlist is there a way to do it using this software ? Say I want to use 2 different sites to monitor the SHP I can't seem to get ARC 500 to assign but one site. Am I stuck with just a single trunking site for that scanlist ?

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Trunked systems are handled independently from scan lists. You can scan as many trunked systems in one scan list as the scanner can hold, but each trunked systems handles sites based on settings. This still applies if you were to split one trunked system into several different scan lists by splitting up the talkgroups.

From what you want to do, you might want to check out the Multi-Site settings for each trunked system if you are monitoring a Motorola or P25 system. Here is a link to the description in the Easier to Read Manual. Setting it to Stat(ionary) mode will cycle a trunked system through all the control channels that are programmed for a system.

An alternative is that you can duplicate trunked systems and the talkgroups you are scanning, then place them into the same scan list in order to force the sites you want to scan. The downside of this is that it will take additional memory since you have to duplicate everything.

N8IAA

Is there any way to assign more than one trunking system to a Scanlist using the ARC 500 software ? If I wan t to scan more than one trunking site for a particular scanlist is there a way to do it using this software ? Say I want to use 2 different sites to monitor the SHP I can't seem to get ARC 500 to assign but one site. Am I stuck with just a single trunking site for that scanlist ?

Yes, you can put in more than one tower site in a single Scan List. Just as you can assign multiple TGID's to different Scan Lists.
I use Win500 and have multiple radios set up this way.
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.