Pro-651

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxdanielt3

Premium Subscriber
First off, how do I factory reset a Pro-651 scanner?

I can figure out how to program or work pretty much anything, however I can not manually program any frequencies into this scanner because of "V-scanner" which is something I've never heard of in my life. I need to manually program 3 Motorola P25 control channels into this scanner.

Thank you

drayd48

First off, how do I factory reset a Pro-651 scanner?

I can figure out how to program or work pretty much anything, however I can not manually program any frequencies into this scanner because of "V-scanner" which is something I've never heard of in my life. I need to manually program 3 Motorola P25 control channels into this scanner.

Thank you

Well, not sure how to factory reset the scanner but here are the steps to program a P25 system
1. Press PGM
2. Press New (F1)
3. Press TGRP (F1)
4. Set the scan list what you want the talkgroup to be in (default is scan list 1)
5. Go down to TSYS. It should say new. If not, press left or right to make it new. Press Enter
6. Change the type to P25 AUTO by pressing left and right
7. Go down to TAG and name the system whatever you want to name it
8. Go down to FREQUENCIES and press enter. Enter the frequencies there. Press save (F1) when complete
9. Press save (F1) on the TSYS
10. Go down to ID and enter the talkgroup ID
11. Leave type as GROUP
12. Go to TAG ID. Name the channel whatever you want to name it.
13. Press save (F1) and you have now created a talkgroup and the system.
Hope this helps

GM

Premium Subscriber
A factory reset can be performed by pressing 0, then 1 as the scanner powers up. Then follow the screen prompts. But V-Folders are not affected by a factory reset.

Status
Not open for further replies.