Pro-668: PRO-668 at Whistler 2 full weeks with no movement

Status
Not open for further replies.

trp2525

I sent in my PRO-668 (updated to CPU 4.6/DSP 3.1 with Eric's tool) to Whistler for the legacy upgrade on July 3rd via USPS Priority Mail and it was received by Whistler on July 7th confirmed by USPS tracking. It has now been 2 full weeks as of today (July 21st) and I have had no communication from Whistler regarding my upgrade and I have not received my scanner back.

I communicated with another RR member who sent in his stock (never updated with Eric's tool) PRO-18 to Whistler last Friday (July 14th). Whistler received it on Monday (July 17th) and they sent it back to him just 2 days later on Wednesday, July 19th. USPS tracking tells him to expect delivery back to him today or tomorrow.

I contacted Whistler this morning by telephone because I was concerned that my PRO-668 had been there for 2 full weeks and that another scanner had been turned around this week in just 2 days. I was told that "we are running a person short" which doesn't explain the fact that a scanner received just this week (confirmed by a RR member) would jump to the front of the line with mine sitting there for 2 full weeks. I had assumed that these upgrades were being processed on a first-come/first-served basis but apparently that is not the case based on the information I have shared.

While on the phone with Whistler I offered the USPS tracking/delivery information and my scanner's serial number to help in finding/locating my PRO-668 but amazingly I was told that they already had all of that information in their computer! The way it was left this morning was that they would have to "check with the warehouse" to see what was going on with my scanner. Apparently they can only do that by email so I have to wait for them to hear back from their "warehouse" via email before they can call me back with an update. I guess they don't have telephone communication at the "warehouse!"

Anybody else have a similar story to tell regarding their PRO-18/PRO-668/PSR-800 upgrade with Whistler? Something doesn't sound right here...

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Sounds about right. Im sure you got a hold of customer service which may be in a different part of a building, different building or even state.
Plus if they have more then one tech, which i hope they do, its possible it was assigned to him and if he is out sick or something it could still be on his work bench or work area. Some companies do that.
Just my guess.

trp2525

Thanks all for your comments. I heard back from Whistler customer service this morning and the matter has been resolved to my satisfaction. I should be receiving my scanner sometime next week.

shajen

Received my PRO--668 back from Whistler the other day. I like that I can set the delay time in the scanner instead of through the EZ-scan software. Now, if there was only an update that could fix the crappy P-25 phase 2 reception. Always very loud, and distorted. Must turn volume down about 5 or 6 notches when I receive a phase 2 reception.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Anybody else have a similar story to tell regarding their PRO-18/PRO-668/PSR-800 upgrade with Whistler? Something doesn't sound right here...

So I imagine that you have probably seen the thread, but I'm thinking your scanner was probably one of the units that caused this post to be made: If you are sending in your unit for the Legacy Upgrade - PLEASE READ. I guess they didn't want to directly inform you of the situation and decided to give you the runaround.

scan18

Premium Subscriber
Thanks all for your comments. I heard back from Whistler customer service this morning and the matter has been resolved to my satisfaction. I should be receiving my scanner sometime next week.

If I may ask, what was the resolution? I'm guessing they were not able to upgrade your Pro668 but accommodated you in some other fashion?

I am just curious, as I may be facing the same situation once they receive mine.

RAMorairty

iam in the exact same situation.
i sent mine in on the same date and they got it on the same date (had tracking)of yours, And iam still waiting like you

Status
Not open for further replies.