Pro-668: pro 668 Code detected 3-03

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Helppppp pro 668 scanner says Code detected 3-03. No clue

Sounds like yet another failed stock Micro SD card. Replace it with name brand one as should anyone else still using the stock card to reduce the chance of this happening to you!

Scanit17

Thank you for that however I dropped it into the grass how about one foot in my backyard it did not drop hard but it started giving me this code after that and I wasn't sure if the card was that sensitive that it could knock it out of the loop it gives me a code of 3-03

Nasby

If you use the search box at the top right and put in error code "3-03 PRO 668" you will find many helpful, imformative posts.

AtlasFBG2

Thank you for that however I dropped it into the grass how about one foot in my backyard it did not drop hard but it started giving me this code after that and I wasn't sure if the card was that sensitive that it could knock it out of the loop it gives me a code of 3-03

probably knocked the card out of position.

Pull the card out and reinsert it .

Scanit17

Pro 668

Pro 668 just says file system...took the SD card out and reset it back in... " File syst" any thoughts? Doesn't turn on . Thank you in advance, if you have any ideas..

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Pro 668 just says file system...took the SD card out and reset it back in... " File syst" any thoughts? Doesn't turn on . Thank you in advance, if you have any ideas..

Doesn't turn on or won't boot up?.

You may be another victim of the poor quality micro sd cards that Whistler/GRE supplied with the scanner.

AtlasFBG2

Next step I would do is reformat the card.

In the 668 software there is prepare scanner memory card for use. Use that to format the card and reload your programing.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Moved to its own thread for better visibility.

srschacher

Premium Subscriber
This may not help, but I had an issue with my PRO-106 awhile back after I dropped it. It turned out that one of the circuit boards inside came loose. I opened up the radio and reattached the upper board to the lower board (plug in socket), and it started working again.

Perhaps you are having a similar situation?

Steve

Original thread: https://forums.radioreference.com/radio-shack-scanners/309159-pro-106-wont-scan.html

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Got a new sd card and now shows error detected 5-00.... anyone know how to fix?
Hello,

I would check to see if the CONFIG__.BIN file is present in the root directory of the SD Card and is not a zero length file. The CONFIG__.BIN file is the dsp firmware and gets copied every time the PC App writes the configuration to the SD Card.

The PC App saves it's files in a subdirectory under your documents directory. Check if there is a CONFIG__.BIN file there.

73 Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.