Pro 668 earphone jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

firecatohio

Is the external speaker/headphone jack always real low or is it mine? Plug a speaker in, volume up on radio but sound coming out is extremely low..

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

trp2525

Is the external speaker/headphone jack always real low or is it mine? Plug a speaker in, volume up on radio but sound coming out is extremely low..

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I found this information on page 9 of the Whistler WS1080 (same scanner as PRO-668) owner's manual:

"Headphones and Speakers
You can plug headphones (not supplied) or an
amplified speaker (not supplied) with a 1/8 inch
(3.5mm) stereo mini-plug in the headphone jack on
top of your scanner. This automatically disconnects
the internal speaker.

NOTE: Use an amplified speaker; a non-amplified
speakers may not provide sufficient volume for
comfortable listening."

Use a discounted Bluetooth rechargeable speaker with a 3.5mm plug and it amplifies quite nicely, now if you could just turn off the 'ticking sound' from the audio battery saver circuit.

CycleSycho

Use a discounted Bluetooth rechargeable speaker with a 3.5mm plug and it amplifies quite nicely, now if you could just turn off the 'ticking sound' from the audio battery saver circuit.

;) I thought that 'ticking' sound came from the traffic not opened up (as in heard from the speaker) on the channel. Best I can explain, any traffic I do not want to hear, it takes the radio a slight amount of time to cut it off. Might be wrong on this, can you clarify what you mean by this 'audio battery saver' circuit? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.