Pro-668 iScan and Database Missing Talkgroups?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sffiremedic

OK so I am new to the Pro-668 I just picked up NOS and testing an 800mhz base antenna. Actually I am new to scanning since about 10 years ago. I am familiar with trunked systems but new to P25although I used Motorolas at work.

The first thing I did was update firmware and database....tons of frequencies uploaded (rebounding?).

I used Select Place to program by City, first Oakland, and then Object search to monitor select busier talk groups (to see if I could get new towers, also to see if SF came in better with the 800mhz base antenna compared with the discount I took down). However
as I page thru the Objects I see for instance Oakland Patrol 6 and 7 but no others. Also FD2 and FD3 but not FD1.
Same with ALCOEMS I get 2 and 3 no 1. And when I tried San Francisco I am missing talk groups too.

And...when I check or uncheck services to monitor, what is MultiDispatch?

Last edited:

tvengr

Well Known Member
For public safety, make sure the following services are enabled: Law Dispatch, Law Tac, Law Talk, Fire Dispatch, Fire Tac, Fire Talk, EMS Dispatch, EMS Tac, EMS Talk, Multi Dispatch, Multi Tac, Multi Talk, Interop, Emergency Ops. Multi Dispatch may be used to dispatch several agencies such as both Fire and Law.

sffiremedic

I have done exactly this, so why the missing talk groups? I think it is because the Library has some of the Dispatch talk groups in Fire Talk category not Fire Dispatch. SFFD for example dispatches over A1, A2 and A3 but the Library database does not recognize that. Still not sure why one PD only had Patrol 7 and 8 in my objects, maybe the library had them in Law Tac instead? I will figure it out.

For public safety, make sure the following services are enabled: Law Dispatch, Law Tac, Law Talk, Fire Dispatch, Fire Tac, Fire Talk, EMS Dispatch, EMS Tac, EMS Talk, Multi Dispatch, Multi Tac, Multi Talk, Interop, Emergency Ops. Multi Dispatch may be used to dispatch several agencies such as both Fire and Law.

Last edited:

tvengr

Well Known Member
I don't know how you are getting Oakland Patrol 6 & 7 when only 1 thru 5 are in the database. Is that the East Bay Regional system you are scanning? Check your scan set that is enabled. Scan lists 151 thru 181 must be enabled in the scan set to download all of the services.

CycleSycho

:) I have run into this before, suffice to say you may never get an answer because some updates/interpretations of data which may be misleading just isn't sufficiently explained to come to an intelligent answer. You may have to just have unanswered question, or suffer the isolation of site membership. Do the best you can without violating the TOS, or getting into a 'p' contest about data conflicts. Good luck! :)

sffiremedic

I don't know how you are getting Oakland Patrol 6 & 7 when only 1 thru 5 are in the database. Is that the East Bay Regional system you are scanning? Check your scan set that is enabled. Scan lists 151 thru 181 must be enabled in the scan set to download all of the services.

Indeed I misspoke, I should have said Oakland PD 6 & 7, Not "Patrol". PD 6 & 7 are Service 1 & 2.

Regardless, I was able to program the 668 using the software. For some reason this time it opened up to allow more options, or maybe
I found another page. At any rate I seem to be able to pull in at least SW simulcast clear as a bell. It is either slow or I am unable to pull in NW.
I purposefully only programed those two simulcast systems so I would not get anything off Crane Ridge or CoCo towers, if that ever happens.

Thanks for the tip on Scan Lists 151-181, I will check.

I did get an error message "violation of address' at the beginning of upload the the SD card and error "access of violation at address" at the end of the upload, but I clicked OK both times and it seems to be working well.

I am on the latest firmware and latest Library.

sffiremedic

Since I programmed using the software, I am getting Pd1 and 5. Either it was slow today or I am only getting SW simulcast system and not NW. I will compare next to the internet broadcast to see what I am missing. I still have an unutilized 12db yagi I can try.

Status
Not open for further replies.