Pro 668 new p25 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

btlacer

KI4SJU/ Fire Captain/ EMTFR
Hello everyone one, I need some help here. I live in Henderson KY and we have a new public service 700 kHz trunk system going online real soon. I have a pro 668 and have tried to program the new system into it and when I hit play it's says nothing to play. It is a simulcast system and I have the frequencies but no talk groups yet. I'm guessing that's why it won't scan. So I decided to try unitracker with my 668, I am running a desktop with Windows 10 installed and have a usb cable for the scanner to do programming. Can someone help me setup the 668 with unitracker? I thought I had it set up but I see no decoding even tho the receiver window says it's running and the status says ready. Do I need a mono plug for the earphone jack to get data and not use the usb cable? Thanks everyone I'm just trying to start logging talk groups for this new system and I can't figure out how to do it. Thanks!!!!

jppayne

I have the same situation. My area just went digital, but I dont have the frequencies. How did you get them? RR only shows the frequencies of the previous system and an FCC search didnt turn up anything either.

bama9999

Hello everyone one, I need some help here. I live in Henderson KY and we have a new public service 700 kHz trunk system going online real soon. I have a pro 668 and have tried to program the new system into it and when I hit play it's says nothing to play. It is a simulcast system and I have the frequencies but no talk groups yet. I'm guessing that's why it won't scan. So I decided to try unitracker with my 668, I am running a desktop with Windows 10 installed and have a usb cable for the scanner to do programming. Can someone help me setup the 668 with unitracker? I thought I had it set up but I see no decoding even tho the receiver window says it's running and the status says ready. Do I need a mono plug for the earphone jack to get data and not use the usb cable? Thanks everyone I'm just trying to start logging talk groups for this new system and I can't figure out how to do it. Thanks!!!!

I think your best bet would be to program a wildcard TG, so that your 668 will find the TG's on the new system. You can do this with the I-scan software.

SCPD

QRT
I live in Henderson KY and we have a new public service 700 kHz trunk system going online real soon.
Do you mean 700 Mhz?

I have a pro 668 and have tried to program the new system into it and when I hit play it's says nothing to play.
This is a radio programming problem. You need to select something into a scan set or list. bama9999's answer covers this. You will get better information by posting a question in the RS scanner forum.

So I decided to try unitracker with my 668
Do you mean Unitrunker?

I thought I had it set up but I see no decoding even tho the receiver window says it's running and the status says ready. Do I need a mono plug for the earphone jack to get data and not use the usb cable?
If I understand correctly - the 668 is similar to the PSR-800 and PRO-18. You can go either way - headphone cable or USB data. There is a trick to getting the radio to stay put on the control channel while the program logs call activity.

UniTrunker | PSR-310 | PSR-410 | PSR-500 | PSR-600 | PSR-700 | PSR-800
UniTrunker | PRO-106 | PRO-107 | PRO-197 | PRO-18 | PRO-651 | PRO-652
UniTrunker | WS1040 | WS1065 | WS1080 | WS1095

Status
Not open for further replies.