Pro-668 No longer scanning conventional objects/channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

218beejohn

Hi folks, hoping for some kindly guidance here....
I've assigned all the conventional channels (26 total) for a statewide agency to a playlist using the iScan software and uploaded it to my scanner. I can enable this playlist on the scanner but it will not play any of the channels in this playlist. The arrow on the display moves to indicate that it's scanning but nothing received.

When I select "Browse Objects" and select this playlist, all the channels I programmed are there. I can select each, one at a time, and they receive traffic just fine. I then go back and select this playlist, select "play" and it just scans forever without stopping on any channels & no traffic received.

This only seems to be a problem with conventional objects on my scanner. Digital objects programmed into my other playlists scan just fine.

I've researched the heck out of it, checked everything I can think of but throwing in the towel. Hoping it's just an obscure setting I may have messed up. Appreciate help from those experienced with this scanner. Thank you.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Welcome to RadioReference look over the list below as it will let us help you.
What all new people to the hobby need to learn and answer these questions.
1. What is it you want to hear? (Police, Fire, EMS, what is the range you expect (how far do you want to hear)?
2. Where are you located?
3. What is your budget?
4. Do your homework What Type Systems are in use in your area. (P25, DMR, NXDN, SIMULCAST, TRUNKING)?
5. How technological savvy are you?
6. Do you want a Base Mobile or Handheld?
7. Do you understand BASIC COMPUTER COMMANDS (DOS COMMANDS)?
8. If needed can you put up your own outside antenna?
9. If you require assistance PLEASE LIST
A. Where you are.
B. What type Scanner you have.
C. How you are trying to program it (by hand or Software and IF BY SOFTWARE WHAT BRAND AND VERSION.
D. What problem you are having.
Answering all the above questions will give you the best option to buy the scanner that best works in your requirements and get you the best assistance from the members here.
There is not 1 member here that can answer a question posted this way. MY SCANNER DOES NOT RECEIVE.

218beejohn

One key thing I didn't make clear with my initial post - this scanner WAS scanning this conventional playlist fine until I did a recent update through the iScan software:

I downloaded the most recent library update. Firmware version was current. I then setup two new playlists containing new agencies (all digital objects), and successfully uploaded them to the scanner. These new playlists scan fine. My existing playlists containing all conventional objects stopped scanning after this upload.

I'm in central AZ and the agency I can no longer scan is Department of Public Safety (DPS). It's an all-conventional system with 25 channels statewide.

I have tried deleting all the DPS objects from the playlist and reloading them. Thanks again all. John.

218beejohn

Buddrousa, took your advice - bought a new SD card, formatted it with iScan, uploaded my configuration. Guess what? That took care of the problem! Once again scanning DPS & other conventional channels. Who knows what went awry with the original card. Thanks for being there! Regards, John.

CycleSycho

Buddrousa, took your advice - bought a new SD card, formatted it with iScan, uploaded my configuration. Guess what? That took care of the problem! Once again scanning DPS & other conventional channels. Who knows what went awry with the original card. Thanks for being there! Regards, John.

:) Since your back up and running, you might try to recover the card and use it as a spare for emergencies. Might be nothing wrong with it, test it after putting it through a 'prepare the SD card" feature of Iscan. Sometimes, it is just a glitch, there may not be a thing wrong with it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.