Pro-668: Pro-668 Radio Shack Scanner Software txt file import format

Status
Not open for further replies.

K4OC

Premium Subscriber
Been using the Radio Shack Programming Software that comes with the Pro-668 for a while now. Feel pretty comfortable with it....messed things up several times and learned on my own how to fix things....best experience there is :)

Now I want to import a list of frequencies in the conventional frequencies section but I cannot figure out the proper format for the txt file. I don't want to add 100 frequencies manually so I really need to master the format the txt file needs to adhere to.
Anyone had any luck doing same and care to share a sample of their txt file used for the import feature within the conventional section of the software interface.

Thanks.

Attachments

• txt import.jpg
    txt import.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 642

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Been using the Radio Shack Programming Software that comes with the Pro-668 for a while now. Feel pretty comfortable with it....messed things up several times and learned on my own how to fix things....best experience there is :)

Now I want to import a list of frequencies in the conventional frequencies section but I cannot figure out the proper format for the txt file. I don't want to add 100 frequencies manually so I really need to master the format the txt file needs to adhere to.
Anyone had any luck doing same and care to share a sample of their txt file used for the import feature within the conventional section of the software interface.

Thanks.

You have to use csv format, read more here: http://forums.radioreference.com/whistler-scanners/346749-how-do-you-imoport-frequncies-ezscan.html

Due to the fact that Radio shack's new owners are boning us 668 owners and others. This may not work in iscan (ie: it's broken) but whistler has recently updated it's ezscan software to fix this...but no love for iscan The Radio shack ugly step brother to ezscan.

If you want to use ezscan with your 668 you will have to do the firmware upgrade to ver 3.8 that makes your scanner a Whistler ws1080. plus ads DMR, and improves reception amongst many other improvements.. The instruction are in this group in another thread on the topic on page 12.

K4OC

Premium Subscriber
You have to use csv format, read more here: http://forums.radioreference.com/whistler-scanners/346749-how-do-you-imoport-frequncies-ezscan.html

Due to the fact that Radio shack's new owners are boning us 668 owners and others. This may not work in iscan (ie: it's broken) but whistler has recently updated it's ezscan software to fix this...but no love for iscan The Radio shack ugly step brother to ezscan.

If you want to use ezscan with your 668 you will have to do the firmware upgrade to ver 3.8 that makes your scanner a Whistler ws1080. plus ads DMR, and improves reception amongst many other improvements.. The instruction are in this group in another thread on the topic on page 12.

Ok Thanks for the info. A csv file will make it feasible to put headers ...that is what I could not figure out with a txt file.

As far as the firmware upgrade and all....have you performed this upgrade?

Thanks for the help. I have EZ Scan loaded on my pc in addition to RS version.....playing with it now and also checking into the upgrade....

UPDATE: I have found that unless one is ready to edit code then the upgrade you referenced is highly unlikely to be performed by most. See attached. I am hoping I am wrong but I have been reading many threads after your response and all lead to what I found...see my attachment. Thanks again for your participation in my thread !

Attachments

• dmr.jpg
    dmr.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 305
Last edited:

DJ11DLN

Ok Thanks for the info. A csv file will make it feasible to put headers ...that is what I could not figure out with a txt file.

Thanks for the help. I have EZ Scan loaded on my pc in addition to RS version.....playing with it now and also checking into the upgrade....

UPDATE: I have found that unless one is ready to edit code then the upgrade you referenced is highly unlikely to be performed by most. See attached. I am hoping I am wrong but I have been reading many threads after your response and all lead to what I found...see my attachment. Thanks again for your participation in my thread !
Not so. It's quite simple to do. Read the thread referenced here:http://forums.radioreference.com/ra...ack-pro-668-loaded-whistler-dmr-firmware.html

If you need the 3.8 firmware, PM me your e-mail address and I'll send it to you. It's a win-win situation...you can't brick your Pro-668 and you can always return to "stock" spec. In the meantime, you gain some functionality.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber

The update wakes up the 668 and makes it work like a Whistler 1080 and adds DMR no coding needed, that was done by Eric. follow the instruction in post 236 here: http://forums.radioreference.com/ra...-pro-668-loaded-whistler-dmr-firmware-12.html You will need GREFWTOOL (search the thread for the link,) You will also need firmware vers 3.8 and someone already offered, and you want the latest version of EZSCAN as it has more adjustments then the left behind iscan.

CycleSycho

:wink: Become familiar with the upgrade BEFORE you actually try it. Doing so WILL help you understand not only how it is done but that when done it will be a WS1080 locked to the 3.8 firmware ONLY (until or when someone further builds on Eric's outstanding work). Otherwise, leave the 668 as a 668 and get NOTHING from the RS folks. Your choice (I personally know someone who has the 'upgrade' and it does work). Have fun! :wink:

K4OC

Premium Subscriber
:wink: Become familiar with the upgrade BEFORE you actually try it. Doing so WILL help you understand not only how it is done but that when done it will be a WS1080 locked to the 3.8 firmware ONLY (until or when someone further builds on Eric's outstanding work). Otherwise, leave the 668 as a 668 and get NOTHING from the RS folks. Your choice (I personally know someone who has the 'upgrade' and it does work). Have fun! :wink:
I thought I was familiar with the instructions after much help from everybody I follow the instructions to a t but never was able to successfully upload 3.8 into my scanner after attempting to upload 3.8 my scanner now is unresponsive and stays in the firmware upgrade mode and says it has no versions installed.
I'm sitting in carpool line right now waiting for my daughter to come out of school. I'll see what people say when I get back home.
all I want to do right now is load firmware on the scanner so I can at least use it. I don't have any stock firmware I don't have any stock firmware for the 668 anywhere to load so I'm kind of in a little bind right now

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
I thought I was familiar with the instructions after much help from everybody I follow the instructions to a t but never was able to successfully upload 3.8 into my scanner after attempting to upload 3.8 my scanner now is unresponsive and stays in the firmware upgrade mode and says it has no versions installed.
I'm sitting in carpool line right now waiting for my daughter to come out of school. I'll see what people say when I get back home.
all I want to do right now is load firmware on the scanner so I can at least use it. I don't have any stock firmware I don't have any stock firmware for the 668 anywhere to load so I'm kind of in a little bind right now

Take a deep breath. firmware is available and so is help through remote access via teamviewer.

K4OC

Premium Subscriber
Take a deep breath. firmware is available and so is help through remote access via teamviewer.[/QUOTE
My issue was resolved by you and others. Just wanted to end this so as not to upset anyone.

Thanks to you and others my 668 is able to decode DMR.

CycleSycho

Take a deep breath. firmware is available and so is help through remote access via teamviewer.[/QUOTE
My issue was resolved by you and others. Just wanted to end this so as not to upset anyone.

Thanks to you and others my 668 is able to decode DMR.

:D Glad you got it working! Can you share where you/it was going wrong in the process? It might help someone else by either rewriting the instructions or seeing what step(s) to be extra careful on? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.