PRO 668 Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

CentracomGold

Premium Subscriber
Hello, Whenever I attempt to update, any option from the updates menu using the RS Software provided, I receive "IOHandler value not valid" & the program locks up (see attached). Anyone know a remedy to this? Thanks

Attachments

• IO Hnadler.png
    IO Hnadler.png
    223.1 KB · Views: 21

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Your best bet is to get the Whistler upgrade and use the EZ Scan software. The upgrade is worth the improvements including DMR, and updates are far more dependable with the improved software.

Swipesy

The Pro668 library is no longer supported and can't be downloaded. You have two options (1) the Whistler Legacy upgrade (2) Install EZScan for Whistler 1080, download the library and then manually patch your 668 software with the 1080 library.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
From the RR whistler support thread....

"Seems their may be an issue between the old pc apps and the server.
The GRE and RadioShack apps are not supported however you can obtain an updated library using the Whistler Handheld PC app then transfer the DB files to your non supported pc app.

From the Whistler WS1080 PC App, run a library update.
Then go to your My Document > Whistler 1080 Digital > DB and copy the contents of this folder.
Replace the files in your GRE or Pro668 Digital DB folder with the files copied from the Whistler 1080 digital DB folder. Launch your GRE or RadioShack pc app and you will have the latest Library.

Keep in mind that the WS1080 library contains DMR systems however your GRE or RadioShack models do not support these objects. Details for an official DMR Upgrade program is available at whistlergroup.com/products/upgrade"

usmiladim

Your best bet is to get the Whistler upgrade and use the EZ Scan software. The upgrade is worth the improvements including DMR, and updates are far more dependable with the improved software.
Hello

is the EZ Software free or is there a cost?
Thank you

Swipesy

USmiladim, do not update your Pro 668 configuration with EZScan for Whistler 1080. Only use the EZScan for 1080 to capture the database files. You then can copy and paste the RDB files into your existing Pro 668 software. The 668 and 1080 are very different firmwares and CPUs. You will be better off to spend $59.99 + postage and send your radio to Whistler and have the Legacy upgrade applied.

DJ11DLN

The Legacy Upgrade is well worth the cost. I thought my 668 was defective, it was nearly deaf when I got it, during the "you bought it you keep it" phase of the RS bankruptcy. The upgrade brought it to life. Very satisfied with it now.

Swipesy

usmiladim

USmiladim, do not update your Pro 668 configuration with EZScan for Whistler 1080. Only use the EZScan for 1080 to capture the database files. You then can copy and paste the RDB files into your existing Pro 668 software. The 668 and 1080 are very different firmwares and CPUs. You will be better off to spend $59.99 + postage and send your radio to Whistler and have the Legacy upgrade applied.
Thank you for the advice. I appreciate it.

Swipesy

usmiladim, jaspence advice is not correct. You may install WS1080 EZScan. You may import your Pro 668 configuration into EZScan 1080. You may update the database library. Do not copy configuration to your Pro-668 scanner SDCard. You may then copy the newly downloaded library files from the WS-1080 directory on your PC to your Pro-668 software library directory, replacing your existing library files. Then you may update your Pro-668 configuration with the Pro-668 Software and then copy the updated configuration to your Pro-668 SDCard using your Pro-668 software.

The only harm would come from trying to update the Pro-668 with EZScan 1080. Just using the EZScan library files with the Pro-668 software will not harm your Pro-668.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Swipesy, I'm sorry I didn't break down my explanation enough for the average person to understand. It is best to not install until everything is ready because some people get in a hurry and do not read all directions and some "just want to see what will happen". Forty years of teaching computers has taught me to keep it simple and not tempt people to ruin a project.

Swipesy

Well jaspence since you bring up experience I have been monitoring public safety radio for 67 years (1 crystal frequency) and been around computers since 1965 mainframe days.

As to your post, the poster may not wish to update his scanner. I think he should, but if he doesn' t update there is no harm installing WS-1080 EZScan to gain access to a current library.

SDBud

The Pro668 library is no longer supported and can't be downloaded. You have two options (1) the Whistler Legacy upgrade (2) Install EZScan for Whistler 1080, download the library and then manually patch your 668 software with the 1080 library.

Where can THAT firmware be found (or is it part of EZScan??)?
JUST got a 668 (free) and want to program MY stuff into it,
instead of taking the defaults from Zip or other.

Status
Not open for further replies.