PRo 67 Memory loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

NC4RR

I have a pro 67 that losses its memory, normaly using a dc adapter. Not sure if cold joint,or loose connection. Been using it for years like this, just last 2 years it would do it occasionaly.Not sure adapter or what. I've seen this on yaesu vhf radios abt 15 years ago doing the same thing.I believe I built a condtioner delay box where when the ignition was turned on it killed the power to the radio util the voltage came back up. I have tried my other pro 26 same adapter seems ok.. Any help.
Railroad

NC4RR

pro 67 memory loss

I added a few feqs sat and running on batteries only for now to see. I have a home brew 9volt adapter I built, alot of filtering and solid voltage , I will use it for now on my other scanners. The one I have been using is a RS model have had for years. I will follow up in about 2 weeks. Thanks. Railroad

NC4RR

Not sure still fine on the batteries. Will try another car adapter this week. This is how I was using it. Mobile. I done a quick look at the circuit boards. Looking for my service manual to trace it from the dc jack. Will report when I find something.
Railroad

NC4RR

I got a new Powerline dc adapter varible, they sell them at walmart and batteries plus. After 2 weeks so far no problem with memory loss..

NC4RR

Never had the memories to fail using batteries only. I did take apart the old radio shack adapter, but unable to xreference any parts. I liked that one that reeled the cord up inside when not in use also spare holder for the tips. along with a tiltable neck.I was unable to find a schematic for it. Oh well its the way of radio shack. they not what they use to be.

NC4RR

Pro 67 memory loss

It started up again this week, seems to on batteries now. For now I'm using the pro 94. I dont think I can accidently hit the right keys every time to reset/ clear the memory. I will try later to take it apart more in dept. About 2 weeks ago I took it apart checked the memory capicitor and it seened ok.I guess I use it for parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.