pro-688

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I there any way to get programming for a pro-688
The question has been asked and answered several times, look at these threads. The search box is your friend.

tvengr

Well Known Member

longfeather1

Premium Subscriber
The easiest way is to send your scanner to Whistler for the Legacy Upgrade. You will be able to use the WS1080 EZ-Scan software for database and firmware updates and programming. It will also improve performance and add DMR. Upgrade Your Pro-18, Pro-668 or PSR-800 Scanner
Thanks i have 15 scanner i was just like to get it working no big deal thanks for your help .

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

tvengr

Well Known Member
Is there any way to get programming for a pro-688
The easiest way is to send your scanner to Whistler for the Legacy Upgrade. You will be able to use the WS1080 EZ-Scan software for database and firmware updates and programming. It will also improve performance and add DMR. Upgrade Your Pro-18, Pro-668 or PSR-800 Scanner
Thanks i have 15 scanner i was just like to get it working no big deal thanks for your help .
I've had the legacy upgrade performed on two 668's and they work great!
This may still be the best solution.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
All "3-xx" codes are related to the micro sdcard. Make sure it is in the scanner (under the battery door) and it is inserted all the way, if so, with the scanner off, reseat it by pushing on it to eject then, pushing it back in until it "clicks". Then try to power on again and report back...consider joining one of the Pro-668 groups on facebook. I recommend this one as it has iscan but you need to computer savvy to use iscan as the servers for updates have been shut down. so ideally sending in the scanner for the legacy upgrade would be your best option. IMO: It is well worth the money!

gluciano80

If you decide to get a new one, I'm sure somebody would be interested in taking the 668 off your hands if you posted it in the classifieds.
Yup. That would be the plan. Now to find something that I can keep programmed for years to come.

on2baja1

I know this thread has slowed down quite a bit, but I agree with the one poster about sending it in for Legacy Upgrade. My beloved 668 has been so sad and run down over these past several years without any firmware updates or DB/Software updates. I did see the DB update trick and of course it worked flawlessly so that part was fine but the scanner itself was tired and run down. I sent it in for the Legacy service and that was absolutely the best $70 I've ever spent. First of all, Whistler customer support is through the roof good. I sent it out on a Wednesday morning and got it back the following saturday, only at 10-day turnaround from start to finish. When I got the scanner back I put it on the same exact antenna in the same exact location and could not believe the Improvement after all of the updates and whatnot. Of course after the Legacy service you have to use EZScan but that is fantastic because that means that you get to update everything in the scanner and the software and the database every time Whistler does. Very very glad I did that service and I highly recommend it. Plus, if there's anything wrong with your motherboards or circuitry when they run the Diagnostics they'll figure it out and call you and ask if you want to pay a very very small fee for their technicians to fix it before sending it back. Wonderful service!