PRO-82 Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

TXLegend

My scanner just went out on me it wont turn on or anything, and I think it is the main power supply diode I have in the pic. If it is can someone tell me where to get one and the part number and how to fix it.
If this would not cause the whole radio not to work, then what would?

Thanks In advance for your reply!!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 2,173
  • Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 1,596

TXLegend

**Also would it hurt anything if i just took this piece out and hooked it up with a straight wire??

TXLegend

So.... does anyone know what the part name is or number so I can resolve this issue????

tonyclark

Premium Subscriber
Service manual includes O/M Cat.No.---- 12388799
NP Part #---- MS2000315

Don't know how much it is for the service manual.

Tony

My scanner just went out on me it wont turn on or anything, and I think it is the main power supply diode I have in the pic. If it is can someone tell me where to get one and the part number and how to fix it.
If this would not cause the whole radio not to work, then what would?

Thanks In advance for your reply!!

The choke (inductor) is completely destroyed and you state the scanner no longer turns on. About the only way for this to happen is to apply too much voltage. I.E. - I suspect the wrong AC power adapter was used (like 12VDC when 9VDC is the maximum) and therefore, the scanner is destroyed. There's a pretty nice looking PRO-82 on eBay for $28 total. That's what I would do. (And in my "longer than I care to mention" history of owning scanners, I did have a PRO-82. A very nice handheld).

TXLegend

The choke (inductor) is completely destroyed and you state the scanner no longer turns on. About the only way for this to happen is to apply too much voltage. I.E. - I suspect the wrong AC power adapter was used (like 12VDC when 9VDC is the maximum) and therefore, the scanner is destroyed. There's a pretty nice looking PRO-82 on eBay for $28 total. That's what I would do. (And in my "longer than I care to mention" history of owning scanners, I did have a PRO-82. A very nice handheld).

The scanner does turn on when you Jump the two sides where the choke was I am looking for a correct choke though.

The scanner does turn on when you Jump the two sides where the choke was I am looking for a correct choke though.

I tried searching the web for a schematic or a parts list and came up empty. As you stated earlier, you could just use a piece of wire, but it would mean avoid using the DC adapter. Stick with primary cells or, if using rechargable ones, charge them in an external charger.

Status
Not open for further replies.