PRO-83 available/Signal Stalker I or II?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonus1331

Is the Pro-83 still available in stores?
I tried searching on the website and found nothing but a link to the manual.
After test driving a PRO-97 in the Spring; I would love to have one of these just for the Signal Stalker feature.
I really like the sensitivity of the RS models and would like something cheap to pick up nearfield.
Does the 83 have the same SS as the 97?
Which SS picks up more?
Thanks

jeffrey420

The pro-83 is signal stalker 1, and the 97 is sig. stalker 2.

83 is uniden and 97 is GRE.

The nice thing about sig. stalker on the pro-83 is that it can run in the background while scanning other channels. This can't be done with sig. stalker 2 on the pro-97.

As for finding one, you might try ebay. RS was clearing them out a while back for $69. I thought I saw some new ones on ebay for about the same. Whether RS has any would just be store to store.

jeffrey420

Just a thought.

You might try the Pro-84 I think it is the same scanner with just a differant case for nascar. Plus comes with headphones and scanner for $99.

I think it has signal stalker 1 and still available at the Shack.

bonus1331

Want the same SS as the 97, but cheaper!!!

I have tried the 97 and found it to pick up alot more nearfiled than my Uniden Close Call scanners.

I would like a cheap RS model that has the same Signal Stalker as the 97. Would that be SS1 or SS2?

Don't need trunking or even alphatags, I have that covered with the Unidens

jeffrey420

bonus1331 said:
I have tried the 97 and found it to pick up alot more nearfiled than my Uniden Close Call scanners.

I would like a cheap RS model that has the same Signal Stalker as the 97. Would that be SS1 or SS2?

Don't need trunking or even alphatags, I have that covered with the Unidens

The answer is in my first post! I think the only other scanner that has SS2 outside of the 97, is the 2055.

bonus1331

I made a call to the local RS and they were able to find a couple at various stores and said they would be willing to get one to my local store.
Cost is $69. I may end up picking one up for that cost.

tneff

I know the store in Rosenberg Texas has 4 on the shelf. Looked at them on Monday when I was in there , $69 on clearance.

bonus1331

Follow-up. Bought one for $69 yesterday and will be returning sometime this weekend. Really interested in using almost exclusively for the Signal Stalker feature. This radio seems as deaf as my Uniden's using Close Call.
Was really impressed about a year ago when I tried a 97 with that SS feature. The 97 seems to have great sensitivity in the SS feature. May have to spend the money!

Status
Not open for further replies.