PRO-83 Latest Firmware..

Status
Not open for further replies.

walter900

What is the latest firmware for this model. I see that it is made by uniden, so i'd have to guess that they have upgraded its 1.06 firmware by now... As uniden has upgraded its current handhelds firmware several times already. Anyone out their with a recent 2006 build date care to take a look please. Just hold down 3+5+9 (all three at once), while you turn it on. Thanks..

Last edited:

random

1.06 here...

My PRO-83, which was purchased 3/28/2006, has firmware version 1.06.

I do not know the build date of this unit though.

timmer

I would think there won't be any more versions of firmware for this radio since it is discontinued. It is only in stores now, no longer available online.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
It's the same FCC ID number as the PRO-84 race scanner and is not flash upgradable. Someone mentiioned that the firmware in the 84 version included a step size change.

walter900

Thanks guys....

Just picked up a fresh one up at my local RS. The build date code on the back of the scanner is 08A04.. Which means this radio was made in August of 2004.. So far.. I love it, it works great!! Nice Small size, Service Search, Signal Stalker, and a lighted keypad too!! I also bought the RS 800mhz antenna, much better than the stock shorty. This scanner is the best deal in town at $69.97!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.