Pro-83 "WIRED" help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bootleg233

Ok ya'll you tech guys this radio is stuck in Wired mode it keeps going back to saying Wired after reset or any buttons pushed it will say clear then Wired, it will say load then Wired, it doesnt matter what ya do everything seems to work as far as light,reset,load, all that when ya push them but keeps going back to Wired on the screen. So my question is can someone or has someone disabled the pc/if program side of this and if so wouldnt that let it go back to scan?? Seems just like a stuck open switch or something and just needs to be done away with since I dont use it anyhow. Any help or advise or pictures ANYTHING!! is appreciated! Thanks in advance.......................DA Boot

N8IAA

Ok ya'll you tech guys this radio is stuck in Wired mode it keeps going back to saying Wired after reset or any buttons pushed it will say clear then Wired, it will say load then Wired, it doesnt matter what ya do everything seems to work as far as light,reset,load, all that when ya push them but keeps going back to Wired on the screen. So my question is can someone or has someone disabled the pc/if program side of this and if so wouldnt that let it go back to scan?? Seems just like a stuck open switch or something and just needs to be done away with since I dont use it anyhow. Any help or advise or pictures ANYTHING!! is appreciated! Thanks in advance.......................DA Boot
Have you done the push on Hold, 2 and 9 and turn on the radio? Did you buy this radio brand new? Do you have the software for the radio? Sounds like it got confused either on the download to the software, or, on the upload to the radio. It could be a bad PC/IF connection that won't let the radio reboot.
Larry

bootleg233

Yes I have done the Hold, 2 and 9 reset it says clear then right back to wired. No I didnt buy it new my nephew did. But heres the deal he lost the power plug for it so he used a plug from his kids toy and the crazy dude plugged it into the PC/IF plug!!!! So I think it burned something on the Pc side so I thought there might be a way to do away with the Pc part and maybe it would go back to scan.

N8IAA

Yes I have done the Hold, 2 and 9 reset it says clear then right back to wired. No I didnt buy it new my nephew did. But heres the deal he lost the power plug for it so he used a plug from his kids toy and the crazy dude plugged it into the PC/IF plug!!!! So I think it burned something on the Pc side so I thought there might be a way to do away with the Pc part and maybe it would go back to scan.
That is what it probably is. No clue on how to go from here. Used to have an 83 when they first came out and took it back a few days later. Bought a BC92 and had it for a couple of years then sold it. All my scanners, but one, are GRE's. Hope there is someone who can tell you if it is fixable or not. My guess it isn't.
Larry

DickH

If you're very, very lucky, the PC/IF jack might be just stuck. With everything turned OFF, plug a plug into that socket and remove it several times. If it's stuck that might possibly clear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.