pro-90 trucktracker vs. narrowbanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

greetings,
after trying to figure out whats up with my scanner searching brought me here to the forum. Im trying to pick up the local fire department dispatch/paging which is on 154.325 mhz. but I cant pick it up at all with my pro90 trucktracker. is this scanner not compatible with narrowbanding? I can pick it up with my smart phone with the live radio feed, but not the scanner. I bought it new in 1998 and its been in storage ever since. just started getting back into scanning after joining as a volunteer firefighter. the department does not have anymore pagers right now so I figured it would be a good way to listen when I needed to go.
if this scanner isnt compatable, which one will work? can I buy a small icom receiver?
thanks
Justin

I forgot to mention that I'm a volunteer for alachua county they have an 800 mhz, and a vhf band for paging

hpycmpr

Your scanner should work for that. If they are narrow banded then your volume will be noticeably less but still there. I'm not familiar with the system or area. I would suggest you try your question in the Florida group if you haven't already.
Steve

Ok on my way home I used a mag mount antenna and pulled it in . I guess my reception sucks since I only heard dispatch when I was driving by they're eoc building,once u got down the street I never pick them up. I even tryed the rubber ducky and it did worse. I guess ill listen to it via data stream until I get a pager or radio. Thanks everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.