Pro-90 Trunking and Config Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to configure a friend's RS Pro-90 (BCT235XT clone), and got so far as to download his owner's manual for him and entered static channels. I think I've entered in his local trunking information correctly, with his control on bank 1, channel 1, and only related trunk channels on that band.

That's where it gets murky, due to poor info in the manual. I am not sure of a way to verify on his radio, which format its in (Motorola I, or MII), and to compound that problem, it never prompted me for group ID's...nor does it mention them in the owner's manual...so, do you enter them, or does it search them out from the control channel?

Lastly, when I go into general scan mode, I can hear initial key-ups and calls to "base", or "10-codes" in english being spoken...but when I put it into trunking mode, it does not quit scanning the 861.XXX control frequencies I entered. Why is it hearing them on standard scan, but not when it trunks across them...(unless this is related to not having groups entered in?)

Totally stumped...but any help would really be appreciated. Location is Sioux Falls, SD...which is a MII system on the state trunking system.

Pro-90 Follow Up

Ok, well, after much research on this (note: friends who do this much work for you are GOOD friends ;-) ), anyway, the local trunk system is a P-25 system, with some calls going out analog as well. Basically, the Pro-90 won't work on the South Dakota State Trunking System...though many individual channels are still analog and will come in...even some pager freqs.

I've let him know to look at the newer digital scanners with P-25 and EDACS capability (personally, I like the BCD396XT...but I'm a Uniden fan from long ago, anyhow).

Anyway...thanks before anyone wastes more time on it...

P.S.: FYI, the Sioux Falls airport and air guard, as well as many businesses are still on analog in the area...and a few repeaters for hobby 10, 6 & 2 meter are in the area too...so the Pro-90 will still 'talk'...just not for fire, EMS or police.

Status
Not open for further replies.