Pro-91 help

Status
Not open for further replies.

LLWinston44

Hi all!

I've finally gotten hold of my sister in laws Pro-91. This is my first venture with scanning and I'm SOOOOOOOO confused!!

I've tried programming this thing, and I'm really having trouble.... part of which I'm sure is just my inexperience with even the basics.

One of the things I'm trying to figure out is that whenever I try to enter a frequency it always says error! WHY in the heck does it do that!?

Would it be better for me to just set this thing back to the original factory settings (if it's possible) and go from there?

Boy I just wish I could figure it out!

Dubbin

Feed Provider
We will need to know what system you are trying to program into it before we can help you any further.

Bentley

LLWinston44 said:
One of the things I'm trying to figure out is that whenever I try to enter a frequency it always says error! WHY in the heck does it do that!?

I dont have a 91, but I'm assuming they are like all the rest of the radio shack scanners, in order to manually enter a frequency you must:

1. press the MAN (manual) button
2. enter the desired frequency location , what channel number EX: 001...002....003
3. Press the PROGRAM button perhaps it will say PGM on it
4. enter the frequency, dont forget the decimal point
5. PRESS ENTER & it should be saved in the location you specified.

If it still says error, maybe you are trying to enter a frequency that the pro-91 is not designed for. Is it 800MHz capable? If so, it should say it on the outside of the scanner somewhere. Is the freq you are trying to enter 800 or above? Ex: 865.7880

Status
Not open for further replies.