pro 92 and ctcss

Status
Not open for further replies.

SquierStrat

hello all. i just got a pro 92 and am trying to program it. ive figured out everything for what i need except how to make the ctcss tones work.

i go into program mode with the selected frequency. i press "mode" to select PL, then i press "step" until i get to the tone i want, then i press manual. JUST LIKE THE OWNERS MANUAL STATES.

so afterwards whenever i go to that channel, and turn the squelch all the way down, i get static. like i would with no ctcss tone enabled...

how to i make the tone "stick"???

DonS

On the PRO-92, CTCSS tones only have an effect in SCAN mode, and then only if the bank is "Closed". In MANUAL mode, the programmed tone value is [effectively] ignored.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
The above post is correct but, you go to the freqy, press mode=PL, then step to the proper PL and press "E"nter...It will enter and stay as long as your in "scan" and as mentioned in the "closed" mode...If you go back to the freqy in question and press "PGM" you should see the entered PL....If your in scan and land on a freqy and see the PL while the freqy is active press"TRUNK" , yes "TRUNK" and the PL will be entered....

DonS

that works, thank you. what is the difference between an open and closed bank?

On my manual's page 64 there's a table that describes the differences in behavior. Basically, "Open mode" gives you "everything", while "Closed mode" gives you "only what you've programmed" - this is for trunking talkgroup IDs and CTCSS/DCS values.

Status
Not open for further replies.