Pro-92 Provoice

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick96

Premium Subscriber
Hi!

I have bought a pro-92 because I have read on this forum that he can follow provoice talkgroup (not decode). But I just receive it and he see it, show the talkgroup but the sound he have difficulty to rest on it.

PS: It is the first version, the pro-92 v 1.00

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
I have heard of a scanner that will track the talk groups (it may have been the Pro-92, but I can't remember). Read the link that W8RMH provided about the DSD, it may answer some questions and probably create new ones. You would use the scanner to track and the DSD/ computer to decode the audio.

Also for EDACS systems (including Pro-Voice), you need the frequencies for the trunked system in logical (LCN) order for the scanner to track correctly. A lot of the times the LCN is hard to come by.

If you don't mind me asking, what system are you looking at?

jgervais83

Premium Subscriber
As far as I know the PRO-92 will show the TG but will not stay on it since ProVoice TG doesn't work exactly the same as analog TG. I don't think you can modify the settings in the PRO-92 to make it work, on my PSR-500 I had to modify EDACS EndTone settings and the EDACS Unmute settings.

DickH

Also for EDACS systems (including Pro-Voice), you need the frequencies for the trunked system in logical (LCN) order for the scanner to track correctly. A lot of the times the LCN is hard to come by. ...

I have posted this many times.
LCN is Logical Channel N U M B E R - not ORDER. Order implies numerical order. That can be confusing to people. Most systems in the database have a small number in front of the frequency. That is the LCN. Many systems freqs. do happen to be in numerical order, but many do not. I have seen one start in channel 14 and some skip channels.

nick96

Premium Subscriber
I have program the good lcn number, but when it stop on provoice channel it scan after and he recome on it again it's always like that

Status
Not open for further replies.