Pro-92 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fallguy_K

Hi guys. I'm new to the forum and have a question about my Radio Shack Pro-92. I recently bought it used and am trying to program text into the display. There is text on the fourth line that I can't seem to delete. There is no info in the owners manual about how to enter or delete text on the fourth line of the scanner's display. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Keith.

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
Hi guys. I'm new to the forum and have a question about my Radio Shack Pro-92. I recently bought it used and am trying to program text into the display. There is text on the fourth line that I can't seem to delete. There is no info in the owners manual about how to enter or delete text on the fourth line of the scanner's display. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Keith.

Start by reading the manual here Easier to Read Pro-92/A/B/2067 Scanner Manual Some data on the display can not be changed, some data can be changed to another status and dome can be changed in the program mode

Fallguy_K

Thanks for that, but I've read and researched everything I can including your idea. Think I'm gonna just reset it and start all over. Hopefully that will clear out the useless and annoying text on the display.

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
There is text on the fourth line that I can't seem to delete. There is no info in the owners manual about how to enter or delete text on the fourth line of the scanner's display. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Keith.

What is the text on the 4th line?
What mode is the scanner in? (SCANNING, SEARCH, ...)

Last edited:

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin
Display

Did you click at "A look at the Display on the provided link? Seems to clearly explain line 4 in all modes, scanning, manual etc.

Thanks for that, but I've read and researched everything I can including your idea. Think I'm gonna just reset it and start all over. Hopefully that will clear out the useless and annoying text on the display.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Use WIN92 for PRO-92

Go to the Wiki section here on RR and find the PRO-92 in the Radio Shack scanner section. On that page you'll find a paragraph about software you can use to program the scanner. I use WIN92 and it is even free!

If you can't program it with WIN92, it can't be programmed in the scanner. It's much easier than trying to understand the poorly written manuals.

Fallguy_K

Maybe I haven't explained my problem Properly. I'm trying to reprogram this after the previous owner. This 4th line text is in certain channels as I'm trying to insert my own text tags. Which works great until I fill the 3rd line. After that in some channels that the previous owner programmed there is text in the 4th line that I can't delet because I can't figure out how to even get to the 4th line. Hope that makes more sense. I don't have local freqs programmed in these channels yet so I don't even know if shows in the modes. Right now I'm just in the program mode. Thanks again, Keith.

Fallguy_K

Well I must be blind. Where does it show how to enter or delet text on the 4th line in program mode?

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
From Easier to Read Pro-92/A/B/2067 Scanner Manual

Easier to Read Pro-92/A/B/2067 Scanner Manual

To Text Tag a Bank or Channel:
1. In manual mode, select a channel (or any channel if you are tagging a bank) by entering the bank number and channel number then press MANUAL to advance to the channel.
2. Press PGM.
To tag a bank, press FUNC then 6. Move the cursor to the position you want using to move right, or to move left, then see Entering Characters.
To tag a channel, press TEXT. Move the cursor to the position you want using to move right, or to move left, then see Entering Characters.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
PGM-FUNC-6 puts in the "Bank Name after using the key board...Other wise line4 is used for trunking talkgroups or PL/DPL,LTR TG....

Fallguy_K

Pro 92 text taging

Well guys, thanks for the help. None of it worked however, so I just re- initialized the sucker. That got rid of everything. Now I can add my own personal text to my freq programming. By the way, The up and down cursors do not go down to the 4th line. I'm thinking maybe it's an option you can do if you have the scanner hooked up the the computer, which I don't. In any case I'm good to go now. Just start over. Keith.

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
By the way, The up and down cursors do not go down to the 4th line.

And they never will.

To Text Tag a Bank: Press PGM, press FUNC then 6. Move the cursor to the position you want using to move right, or to move left, then see Entering Characters.

To Text Tag a Channel: Press PGM, press TEXT. Move the cursor to the position you want using to move right, or to move left, then see Entering Characters.

To Text Tag an ID: In manual mode, press FUNC then or (each time) to select the bank where the ID is. Press PGM then TRUNK, Select the ID location by pressing or (or press and hold; faster, just like channels). Press TEXT

Fallguy_K

That is what I've been trying to find out. If the cursor went down to line 4. Whether it does or not, I did in FACT have text on that line. Don't know how it got there, but it was there. I have since re-initilized the scanner. That did clear everything out so I'm good. Thanks guys for the help.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Pro-92

The text on the 4th line does NOT come from the channel, that's why you can't cursor down to it. The text on the 4th line, when in AM or FM modes, comes from the BANK TEXT.

Using the free software is the best way to change it. But you could have also set every conventional channel to PL or DPL and that would remove it from being displayed as well.

Fallguy_K

Now that makes sense. I'm not currently using the freeware, but I figured that might be the case. As stated before, I have since re-initialized the scanner. That erased everything and I just started over. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.