Pro 92

Status
Not open for further replies.

kah398

Greetings to all! Happy Thanksgiving, Holidays, and all that good stuff. My name is Keny... I've been scanning as a hobby since about 2001. I have a pro96,106, and 92. Can anyone tell me what the pro92 is best for and how can I program it. I've never been able to hear anything on it since I bought it in 1999 or 2000. It's been a "dust collector". I was going to bring it to the last meeting at Lukes', but I had to work...Thanks a lot for any and all input!!! OH!, guess I should add that I listen to everything in the Denver metro area, and tune in to whatever gets paged out from MNN.

Last edited:

k0pwo

Premium Subscriber
It will scan Aurora's Trunk system as well as the Arvada/Westy system. If your out at DIA it will pick up that trunk system also.

Also CLEER, FERN and NLEC still have traffic occasionally.

If you head to the mountains.. Clear Creek, Gilpin, Summit and Park counties are close by and still on conventional as well as Eagle Counties trunk system. Up to the north you have all of Boulder County.. At least for the time being. Longmont will switch here sometime soon to the DTRS.

There are many non public safety freqs out there plus ham 2 meters and 70 cm..

Hope that helps

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Pro-92

I have my PRO-92, PRO-95s, PRO-97 and PSR-300 all pretty much programmed the same. The newer scanners can hold 150 TGs in a bank, where the '92 (and '95) can only hold 100.

I pull out the '92 whenever there is an incident using many channels. I've also let it sit on the Wx frequency in SAME mode (in that mode it is not scanning anything, just monitoring Wx).

Having my scanners programmed the same, it is fairly easy to select the same channel on any of them when needed. I find the '92 does not have as good of sensitivity on 800 MHz as the newer scanners, but it does have CT/DC decoding that the '95s don't have. With WIN92 programming alpha tags is a whiz. I love mine.

Note I don't use it mobile too much because it requires 6 AA batteries. But in a pinch I have 6+ batteries charged and ready to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.