Pro-93 Scanners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brood11384

Hey everyone! I have a pro-93 Police Scanner and have had it for a year or two and still can't figure out how to program and how that all works. I'm stuck just using the search and hoping I can kinda stay with the conversations going on. Most of the time this fails. Does anyone have a Pro-93 I could copy or can you even do something like that?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
It would be helpful if you stated what you are trying to hear. Go to the database (top blue toolbar, hit 'database') and supply the URLs.

If you find you need to understand trunking, then we have an article in our wiki that can get you started. (Anything in blue or underlined is a link). Stick with the overview section for now of...

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Trunking

73 Mike

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
All the information you need is on this site.

Here is a link to the specific Pro-93 wiki page:
http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Pro-93

There is a much easier-to-read manual linked there and also a link to Win93, a great program created by Don Starr, that makes programming your scanner SO easy. It's easy once you get the first one or two frequencies in. Just take some time to make sure you set the frequencies in the right mode (conventional, moto, edacs) and it should be self explanatory from these pages.

Any other questions that aren't Utah related specifically should probably be in the Radio Shack Scanners forum. However, you might ask someone in the Utah forum if they can provide a Win93 file for your area of Utah (then you could just download it with the programming cable and save a lot of time).

The Pro-93 is a good scanner if you don't need to monitor too much (basically it can hold 300 frequencies). Built like a rock too, love mine.

qlajlu

Silent Key
Hey everyone! I have a pro-93 Police Scanner and have had it for a year or two and still can't figure out how to program and how that all works. I'm stuck just using the search and hoping I can kinda stay with the conversations going on. Most of the time this fails. Does anyone have a Pro-93 I could copy or can you even do something like that?

It would be helpful if you stated what you are trying to hear. Go to the database (top blue toolbar, hit 'database') and supply the URLs.

If you find you need to understand trunking, then we have an article in our wiki that can get you started. (Anything in blue or underlined is a link). Stick with the overview section for now of...

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Trunking

73 Mike
I don't know whether to welcome you to the Utah Forum or not since you have not indicated a location. I strongly urge you to return to your User CP and finish filling in your profile, especially the location. That way it will be displayed on each of your posts and we will not have to try to guess where you are. It is only a small matter of courtesy to the rest of us.

I see you have been a member of RR.com for quite some time but this is your first post. That, in and of itself, is unusual, but not unheard of. Some folks just "hang out" trying to learn what they can.

As indicated by the other posts so far in this thread, without knowing what system(s) in which state(s), county(ies), city(ies) you are interested in, it is nigh on to impossible to help you. Your radio does support the Motorola Type II Smartzone trunking systems which are prevalent in Utah.

Without you providing more information to us, you are pretty much stuck.

Last edited:

bawm65

The pro 93 is fantastic in my area!!! I am glad to see all my buddies spending 5 to 600 dollars on new digital scanners and I AM NOT!! I bought mine in 2001 and my area is still analog EDACS. I got the free software and it works GREAT with the rebanding!! I had to say this for all the buy this, buy that guys.....go ahead and have fun with that. I am still enjoying my CHEAP 2000 model PRO 93 :) With gas @ 4.00 a gallon and rising, I think that's a good deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.