Pro 94 Moved to Clearance!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireCop

Public Safety Grunt
Premium Subscriber
I was in the local RS today and noticed the Pro 94 was listed at $119.97. Just checked the RS website a few minutes ago and found the same $119.97 price.

KLH

Feed Provider
Yup, it is on clearance now. It took them long enough in my opinion.

With the PRO-95 on clearance for $99.97, the 94 is still overpriced.

scannersnstuff

i know everyone's entitled to their opinion but to me that was an awful scanner.i had mine for 1 day and returned it.with the pro-97 out there now especially on sale for $149.00 at time's,it beat's the crapolla out of the 94.the 94 had about the worst audio i ever heard on a portable scanner,no alpha tag's,no pl/dpl,1,000 ch's divided up between 2 bank's.it was either a or b but not both at the same time.that scanner was like 80's technology.hand's down the pro-97 win's the radio shack non-digital hh scanner.the pro-92 also bite's !!!.

Gilligan

Database Admin
I just mentioned in another thread that at least the pro-95 had pretty good sensitivity on 800 mhz, or so it seemed to me, compared with my BC246T.

FireCop

Public Safety Grunt
Premium Subscriber
KLH,
I couldn't agree with you more about the 94's price. It and the Pro 99 (which is right beside it on the shelf at my local store) are both overpriced for clearance. I kept wondering when the 94 would go on clearance and it finally came, though later than it should have been. I must say I was surprised the Pro 2052 wasn't put on clearance with it.

amusement

pdfdems286 said:
i know everyone's entitled to their opinion but to me that was an awful scanner.i had mine for 1 day and returned it.with the pro-97 out there now especially on sale for $149.00 at time's,it beat's the crapolla out of the 94.the 94 had about the worst audio i ever heard on a portable scanner,no alpha tag's,no pl/dpl,1,000 ch's divided up between 2 bank's.it was either a or b but not both at the same time.that scanner was like 80's technology.hand's down the pro-97 win's the radio shack non-digital hh scanner.the pro-92 also bite's !!!.

I own two Pro-94's and a 95.

Radio Shack made a mockery of Pro-94 by updating it 3 times. The pro-94 wasn't worth updating. Mixing Uniden logic boards between Pro-94A and B should have sounded an alarm on my head. But, by then it was too late. I had already purchased two of them.

Sadly, the pro-95 is an excellent scanner and should have been upgraded. Another lost opprotunity for Radio Shack.

FireCop

Public Safety Grunt
Premium Subscriber
Clearance Price reduced!

I was in my local store today and saw they had dropped the price to $99.97 on the Pro-94.

dangitdoug

I got my 95 for 100 even on clearance in February 2006 in El Cajon, Ca. It was the display model. Works great.

Doug K

KLH

Feed Provider
Milk213 said:
Where is the pro-95 on clearance at for 99.97? KLH
You have to find a store that still has one..
It has been that price all year.

walter900

Just Keep in mind the rebanding!! If your not worried about that.. Then go for it. :)

csuh13

amusement said:
Sadly, the pro-95 is an excellent scanner and should have been upgraded. Another lost opprotunity for Radio Shack.

Um... The Pro-95 WAS upgraded. They call it the Pro-97. Would you have preferred the "pro-95B?"

The real reason that the 94 is on clearance now probably has to do with the new 20-528 scanner which is basically an upgrade to the 94 (and probably just a stopgap model in the line bought because Uniden made them a good deal...). It'll be hitting the stores around October-ish I imagine.

Last edited:

amusement

csuh13 said:
Um... The Pro-95 WAS upgraded. They call it the Pro-97. Would you have preferred the "pro-95B?"

The real reason that the 94 is on clearance now probably has to do with the new 20-528 scanner which is basically an upgrade to the 94 (and probably just a stopgap model in the line bought because Uniden made them a good deal...). It'll be hitting the stores around October-ish I imagine.

I don't agree that Pro-97 was an upgrade from pro-95. Pro-95 sensitivity appears to be greater than pro-97. Not to ignore pro-97 functions which are superior to the pro-95.

Totally agree about the 20-528 being an updgrade to pro-94B.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
amusement said:
I don't agree that Pro-97 was an upgrade from pro-95. Pro-95 sensitivity appears to be greater than pro-97. Not to ignore pro-97 functions which are superior to the pro-95.

Totally agree about the 20-528 being an updgrade to pro-94B.

The 97 appears to be a different animal. It could use the receiver section of the 95, but it has lot’s of new features like the splinter frequency entry and a total redesign of the display, for example. I look at it as a test model for a future digital trunking scanner with many of the same features and possible triple trunking. Let's just hope much of it makes it to the assembly line.

Status
Not open for further replies.