Pro-94 Not Programing

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello i'm haveing a problem with my pro-94 its not letting me program and freqs in the 200 or 500 range i'm trying to do this on Bank B8 but it wont work and it wont work on any other banks

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
These steps are copy/paste directly from the manual.

STORING KNOWN FREQUENCIES INTO CHANNELS

1. Press MAN and hold down A/B (HOLD) for about 2 seconds to select either main bank group. Enter the channel number where you want to store a frequency then press PROG. The channel number appears.

2. Use the number keys and • (MON/CLR) to enter the frequency (including the decimal point) you want to store.

3. Press E (SVC) to store the frequency into the channel.
Notes:
· If you entered an invalid frequency in Step 2, Error appears and the scanner beeps three times. Enter a valid frequency.
· The scanner automatically rounds the entered number to the nearest valid frequency. For example, if you enter 151.473 (MHz), your scanner accepts it as 151.475.
Press DELAY to pause scanning 2 seconds after the end of a transmission before scanning proceeds to the next channel. The scanner stores this setting in the channel.

4. To program the next channel in sequence, press PROG and repeat Steps 2 and 3.

condor11

Disregard due to edited post

Bioniccreeper06 said:
hello i'm haveing a problem with my pro-94 its not letting me program and freqs in the 200 or 500 range i'm trying to do this on Bank B8 but it wont work and it wont work on any other banks

I had the same problem. On pg 45 of 76 Step 6. says to press src to begin sacnning for the primary control channel BUT this will not work.

All that is required after choosing trunk system, and entering all the frequencies, is for you to press scan (making sure that it is set to trunk --- "trunk" will appear in upper left of display). When it gets to the primary control channel, programming begins. Thats all. Then you should begin seeing talk group id's.

This step of pressing "scan" before you press "src" is left out of pdf manual.

Last edited:

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Since there is a limited number of "valid" frequencies in the 200 and 500 MHz ranges (as far as the scanner is concerned) why don't you look at the radio specifications in the owner's manual and see if you are attempting to program a frequency that is, in fact, not covered by the radio.

condor11

pdf manual Misprint

loumaag said:
Since there is a limited number of "valid" frequencies in the 200 and 500 MHz ranges (as far as the scanner is concerned) why don't you look at the radio specifications in the owner's manual and see if you are attempting to program a frequency that is, in fact, not covered by the radio.
No really, there is a mis-print in the pdf manual. I would enter in trunk system. Then enter EVERY frequency, with 1 primary control, and 2 alternate control freq's and then execute Step 6. ( press "src" ) and the pro 94 DID NOTHING. I hit scan after step 5 and then BLAM ...search appeared on the lcd... and now the trunk system works fine along with other talk group ids i put in later,that are not mentioned in radioreference.

And yes i will Submit those ID's with my Description.

Attachments

• step4-6.jpg
    step4-6.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:

n4voxgill

Silent Key
there is no misprint in what Lou was trying to advise. The Pro94 will only cover
216 to 224.995 and then from 500 to 512 MHz. He needs to make sure he is trying to program within these two narrow groups of frequencies.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
condor11 said:
n4voxgill said:
there is no misprint in what Lou was trying to advise. The Pro94 will only cover 216 to 224.995 and then from 500 to 512 MHz. He needs to make sure he is trying to program within these two narrow groups of frequencies.
The first post was edited, after i answered the question. His prob was due to a misprint. LOL. Now i'll have to edit mine. A lil recognition please Mr.editor :roll: I wont answer anymore of a certain users questions :lol:
condor11:
No, it wasn't edited. If you go back up the thread where you first posted your off topic comment, you will see that you quoted the same thing that now exists in the original post. What you did is attempt to hijack a thread, and that is something that is looked down on in this community. As to answering questions, you not only did not address the point made in the original post, but you attempted to correct my answer to the OP's problem.

I would suggest that you read Etiquette and the Forums before you do any more posting.

condor11

Sorry chill out

loumaag said:
condor11:
No, it wasn't edited. If you go back up the thread where you first posted your off topic comment, you will see that you quoted the same thing that now exists in the original post. What you did is attempt to hijack a thread, and that is something that is looked down on in this community. As to answering questions, you not only did not address the point made in the original post, but you attempted to correct my answer to the OP's problem.

I would suggest that you read Etiquette and the Forums before you do any more posting.

It was not my intention to do anything like hijack a thread or whatever. And I didnt attempt to correct your answer. I just stated that there was a typo in my pdf.

n4voxgill said:
there is no misprint in what Lou was trying to advise. The Pro94 will only cover
216 to 224.995 and then from 500 to 512 MHz. He needs to make sure he is trying to program within these two narrow groups of frequencies.

ok yea your right

is there a reason for this tho?

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Bioniccreeper06 said:
...is there a reason for this tho?
That was the way the radio was specified by RS and built by Uniden. It is the buyer's responsibility to ensure what he buys will suit his purposes.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
condor11 said:
It was not my intention to do anything like hijack a thread or whatever. And I didnt attempt to correct your answer. I just stated that there was a typo in my pdf.
Well to belabor this point, since you still don't get it. Your answer and the portion of the PDF you posted has nothing to do with the original question; hence your comment is off topic. Up until you quoted me and said, "No really..." you were being ignored since you were off topic. I guess you realize you aren't being ignored anymore; however, you might not appreciate the attention you are getting now. If you are wondering what you can do to fix this problem you have gotten yourself embroiled in, let me suggest you just don't respond, that way the OP and the rest of us who are dealing with the OP's original point can get back to the topic at hand.

loumaag said:
That was the way the radio was specified by RS and built by Uniden. It is the buyer's responsibility to ensure what he buys will suit his purposes.

anyway around this like fix it so i can program them in?

Status
Not open for further replies.