Pro 94 Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTFAudio

I picked up another Pro 94 recently and since I haven't had any experience programming the Pro-94 I had some quick questions. I am entering the trunked freq's for Charlotte / Mecklenburg Counties (NC). I follow all the steps right and the scanner just automatically finds the DEC numbers. Shouldn't I have to enter the DEC numbers? I only want to listen to a few talk groups such as the VFD and ALERT teams.

Thanks,
DTFAudio

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
If you want to listen to a select set of TG's on a system, enter them in to the talk group sub tables for that bank and set the bank to closed.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
No, it doesn't use 'open' and 'closed' terminology - that's a RS convention that's used with GRE produced scanners. The PRO-94 is almost a Uniden BC245 (in fact it was made by Uniden) in many ways - I've programmed a few for people, and many of the same tricks the 245 has works on the 94. It's a very easy scanner to program.

Terminology in this game is important - when you say that it 'automatically finds the DEC numbers', I suspect what you are really saying is that it's hearing every talkgroup on your system. This is true when the scanner is in ID Search mode - you need to put it into ID Scan mode. If you've already put in the talkgroups you want to hear, pressing SCAN while in that bank should switch you right over.

The manual is quite easy to read, frankly, but here's the Easier to Read version - I'd download it if you find it easier to understand...

Note that there are 2 versions - the original PRO-94, then there's one for the 94A and B. The manual will tell you how to tell the difference...(anything in blue is a link)

Easier to Read Pro-94A/B Scanner Manual

Easier to Read Pro 94 Scanner Manual

best regards..Mike

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If this is the system that you are trying to hear...

Charlotte / Mecklenburg County (Motorola) Trunking System, Charlotte, North Carolina - Scanner Frequencies

You're going to have a problem. This system has been rebanded - now with all the site freqs having a '5' in the fourth position, under normal circumstances, you would be good to go - if you could enter the required custom table (this is a straight Type II analog system). You can't do that with the 94, so this might be a problem. There is also a P25 system in the same area - unfortunately the 94 can't deal with digital. Time to ask in the NC forum about which system is active (or are both?) and what other folks are using to listen in.

best regards..Mike

Last edited:

DTFAudio

Thanks for the help guys! I'm currently using a Uniden BC350A which allows me to pick up the Charlotte Fire Analog signal for dispatch. It seems there are alot of things beginning to change in my area. Might need to update my collection of scanners.

DTFAudio

Status
Not open for further replies.