pro-94 work on LTR system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitesox4life

Will a RS pro-94 work with an LTR trunking system? I have been told that it will, however the manual says no. If it will, how do I go about programming it? I need to program Madison Co. and Anderson Indiana into it.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
whitesox4life said:
Will a RS pro-94 work with an LTR trunking system? I have been told that it will, however the manual says no. If it will, how do I go about programming it? I need to program Madison Co. and Anderson Indiana into it.

No, the PRO-94 will not track LTR trunked systems. The only thing you can do is to enter the frequencies conventionally and just scan them that way. You may hear conversations, but you won't see talkgroup ID's, and you probably won't know who the user you're hearing is.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Program as Ken suggested and you might set the delay for each.

You can even program both sites for your system in one bank, however, using each site in a separate bank will give you better control of which groups you want to listen to by toggling a bank off or on.

You will soon get to know which freqs are used by each agency and you can press Manual button to hold on the freq. Now and then you may get a typical LTR burp.

mcema699

The Anderson In, city system is currently a Multinet system, there is no scanner that can properly track this system. Look for some changes soon though. Madison county will work just fine on your 94, only one or two of the repeaters have multiple talk groups assigned. Dispatch and each of the small towns operate on seperate repeaters.

If you really want to buy a scanner that does LTR, spend the extra money for the 97. Much better 800 LTR coverage. IMHO (I have both the 92 and 97)

Last edited:

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Emergency Radio Service (800 Mhz) in the Database is a pure Type 1 Motorola system. I sent you an email and if this is the system, use E1P2 preset.

whitesox4life

fmon, the system that i am wanting to put in is a motorola type II smartnet, however in the trunking book that i received with the scanner puts them on the hybrid system. What would be the best way to program Marion county, Indiana?

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
whitesox4life said:
fmon, the system that i am wanting to put in is a motorola type II smartnet, however in the trunking book that i received with the scanner puts them on the hybrid system. What would be the best way to program Marion county, Indiana?
You ask in post # 6 above this question. "ok. also, how do i go about programming a hybrid system on it?" The keyword "hybrid" put the system as a Motorola Type IIi, meaning some of the talkgroups were type 1. Thus I looked for a Motorola system in your original county (Madison) configured with type 1 fleetmaps. The only system listed was Emergency Radio Service System, which is completely type 1.

Did you get my email on setting that system up? If so, for Marion Co, modify step 2 in the first part to read as follows:
2. Press the number key (1–10) of the desired target storage bank. Select one of the trunk systems by repeatedly pressing 8 or 9 to E2 800. Then press E (SVC).
Steps 1 & 3 through 6 remain the same. Ignore the fleetmap part.

Status
Not open for further replies.