pro-95, 97, and 2055 not tracking ID's like it should

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerman5000

Premium Subscriber
I own the 95, and 2055, plus programming the 97. All with the same "software" so to speak. I am working with EDACS Wide, which is my Counties trunked system. When i put in specific talk groups that i want it to scan, I add them to banks, and have them on when i am in closed mode. It STILL will not stop on those talk groups when comparing with my Uniden 396 scanner. What am I doing wrong?

Is there someone in the Lansing area (Michigan) that may be able to actually sit down with me and help me figure this out. No offense, but internet inquiries arent really helping; mainly because im a hands-on visual type learner.

Thanks all

Pete

OkRob

Pete,

Are you programming your EDACS system in LCN order correctly? On the 95, 97 and 2055 the first channel in the LCN order must start on channel 001 for example, not on channel 000, or 100 or whatever. Make sure you're using 001, 101, 201 etc. when programming in your frequencies. This is a common error that alot of people don't initially realize is important. If that's not the problem, perhaps someone else will have suggestions. :)

- Rob

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Show & tell

Based on your programming comment, I assume you are using ScanCat software. This is a visual of Rob's suggestion.

Insure the freqs are in this order, the check is under Trunk for each and insure EDACS Wide is selected in the pulldown on the right side.

If you are using site 2 also, then those freqs must be in a separate bank, in similar order.

Last edited:

Al42

I'm not familiar with ScanCat, but shouldn't the Mode pulldown be set to EDACS also? (The radios need to be set that way - each channel and the bank have to be set for the correct trunk mode.)

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
EDACS Wide will be set to FM Mode

Al42 is correct, I don't use ScanCat either and Help is not furnished with the Demo, but one of these need to be used for each freq. Auto may work but check the ScanCat Instructions if that is your software.

Edit: My EDACS Wide (standard EDACS) just loaded into the software as FM Mode.

Last edited:

cristisphoto

Here is my theory...

MMkay all
I own the 97 and though I love it I don't think it's all that great of an Edacs scanner..
I had two different Edac systems on it:
BART and Oakland, CA PD etc...
and it would rarely pickup .. much less decode.
I have THOSE SAME systems in the same order on my BCD396T
and the BCD396T decodes and recieves Beautifully...
Also, I think reception has to be more than what is required for Motorola to decode,
Motorola decodes just fine EVEN on systems that are two counties away from me.
whera Edacs ar iffy on the 97 ..
The Bcd396T works a bit better though I've rheard that the (7 has a bit better sensitivity..
SOOOO
Try a better antenna .
IF the system is in the 800 range then get a 800 range antenna
.. That should cure your ills
If not then
Recheck the order of you freuencies as well
(of course that should be first)lol
Anyways.
I hope I helped.
Kind regards,
Crista

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
I think if you post this question on the Michigan forum or Yahoo scan michigan group you will get some responce. Rob dale is also in Lansing and may be able to help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.