Pro-95/97 Car Adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slawterr

I have a basic 12 volt car adapter for another device that fits my Pro 95 and 97. Question is, will I burn out the scanner putting 12v to it or do I need to throw a resistor of some type in line to step the voltage down, or will it work just fine? I'm scared to even try it. :)

W9GC

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I run my pro-97 off of a 12 volt lighter plug - and have for well over a year - with no problems at all.

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
I bought a variable output car plug at Wally World a couple of years ao.... use it to charge the batteries after a long night in the car.... it has adjustments from 3 to 12 volts and is 1000 mah.... I noticed this morning, when picking up a couple of wall warts, that Rat Shack has something like this now as well... although the 12 vdc output might not seem to hurt your batteries, that voltage will prematurely age your batteries and they will burst when you least expect it! I use NiMH batteries now and have had fewer problems with the car charger than with the nicads.... but still try to use the car charger only as a last resort.....

Status
Not open for further replies.