PRO-95 Default Talk ID display

Status
Not open for further replies.

avdlaan

My PRO-95 scanner used to by default always show the text display on the screen rather than the numeric talk ID on the screen. At some point, something changed and now by default it shows the talk ID number rather than the talk ID text. Any thoughts on how to get it to show the talk ID text by default?

Thanks!

n2mdk

While the scanner is stopped on a TGID press the TEXT button this will toggle between the Text Tag and Numeric ID

avdlaan

n2mdk said:
While the scanner is stopped on a TGID press the TEXT button this will toggle between the Text Tag and Numeric ID

Thanks for the response! I am able to get that part to work, but what my original question was is how do I get it to show Text by default. Right now, every time I turn the scanner on, I have toggle it back to text when the first talk group ID appears. It then continues to show text until I turn the scanner off. I used to have it set to show Text by default, but I don't remember what changed.

Any thoughts?

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Pro-95

There is a box you click (or don't click) in WIN95. Then when you download, it will be set by default to what you want. If you are hand programming, then pressing TEXT duing a trunked conversation sets the new default.

avdlaan

gmclam said:
There is a box you click (or don't click) in WIN95. Then when you download, it will be set by default to what you want. If you are hand programming, then pressing TEXT duing a trunked conversation sets the new default.

Thanks gmclam, that worked!

What's interesting is when I set it on the scanner, it wouldn't stick, but setting it through the WIN95 software now set it as the default properly and it sticks!

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.