Pro-95 in Desoto County

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthewtomek

Live Audio Admin
Feed Provider
I wanted to see if anyone was using a Pro-95 to monitor Desoto County's system? I have a buddy who's wanting to get a scanner to listen and wanted to make sure the Pro-95 sounded ok, etc to listen to Desoto County's system. He needs to start out with something less expensive instead of going straight to the Pro-96. Thanks in advance for the replies.

Matthew I used a pro-95 for DeSoto for a while, It will work well for the system but. The pro-95 will not do I-calls and you cannot scroll through the TGs for the one you want you have to wait until it opens and hoold on it. I liked the BC246t for the DeSoto system although it does not scan LTR as well as the 95. or should I say it is harder to figure out an LTR system. Oh yea the other thing the 95 will not search a system for TGs with out having the entire system in open mode. I guess an easier way to put it wou cannot lock out known TGs to search for unknown ones it is all or nothing. with the 246 you can program the system and as you store TGs you can name them, lock them out and seek searching with out hearing them again. If you get a pro 95 it is most likely going to cost you around $100 shipped for another $100 you can get the BC 246 and in my opinion it is well worth the extra $100.

matthewtomek

Live Audio Admin
Feed Provider
Sounds good, not sure what his oney situation is. I'll have to check with him about that. He just went to work for Southaven FD and wants to listen to them when he's off. I had a Pro-95 while I still lived in MS before I moved here to the "big city." I liked it.

nexus

I like my PRO-95. It does have some draw backs, afterall it's an older trunktracking unit. I also have the BC-246T and am dissappointed in it however because it drains two batteries in no time. My pro-95 will go for 12 or 13 hours on one charge, but the 246t will suck through two batteries in about 3 hours time. So unless you have commercial power or a lot of charged AA's on hand if you want more than just a couple of hours use.

Joebaby

I had a Pro 95 at one time......

Hey guys just wanted to add my two cents worth in......I used to have a Pro 95 and I listened to DeSoto County just fine till I got a hold of my Pro 97 and I sold my Pro 95 to a friend of mine cause he and his wife wanted to listen to them as well as I did......however I am pretty happy with my Pro 97 but I am possibly looking to get a Pro 96 for a decent price here soon and will be offering my Pro 97 for sale after I get a Pro 96 and get it programmed.......I do use it alot to listen to mostly DeSoto County but sometimes I listen to Bartlett, Collierville, Germantown, Millington and a few other things......it works pretty good.

Joebaby
High Tech Redneck

SCPD

QRT
The thing i like about the pro 95 is the sound that it produces i think it is 1 of the best handhelds i have had as far as sound output.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Its almost as good audio wise as the PRO-97.... Here's an interesting note... The other day I had several LEO's actually stand by me and turn down thier HT's and listen to my 97, and siad "That thing sounds and picks up better than our radios." Now thats saying something.

Status
Not open for further replies.