PRO-95 LCD needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

mccalm

I messed up! While reassembling my PRO-95, after replacing the speaker, I managed to let the LCD module slip out of its proper position. I heard a crunch while tightening one of the screws (the sound of breaking glass) and now the display no longer functions. The top right corner of the display is now cracked. The scanner seems to operate okay, but nothing is displayed on the LCD. (The new speaker sounds great by the way).

So, I am wondering if anyone knows of a source for the LCD? From what I can gather, there are two good part numbers for the display; 12392296 (L90596) and 12357752 (L90561). Does anyone know if a display from a PRO-93 is interchangeable?

I have contacted GRE and RS and both advised the LCD module is no longer available.

The lesson to be learned here, for anyone who is about to replace a bad speaker in their PRO-95, is to remove the flex strip that connects the LCD module to the connector on the circuit board before you do anything with the front half of the scanner. It's easy for the LCD module to slip out of place during reassembly. I had already taken mine apart on two previous occasions, and reassembled it with no problems, but the third time I guess something shifted at the last second, with catastrophic results.

I would appreciate any help.

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
I messed up! While reassembling my PRO-95, after replacing the speaker, I managed to let the LCD module slip out of its proper position. I heard a crunch while tightening one of the screws (the sound of breaking glass) and now the display no longer functions. The top right corner of the display is now cracked. The scanner seems to operate okay, but nothing is displayed on the LCD. (The new speaker sounds great by the way).

So, I am wondering if anyone knows of a source for the LCD? From what I can gather, there are two good part numbers for the display; 12392296 (L90596) and 12357752 (L90561). Does anyone know if a display from a PRO-93 is interchangeable?

I have contacted GRE and RS and both advised the LCD module is no longer available.

The lesson to be learned here, for anyone who is about to replace a bad speaker in their PRO-95, is to remove the flex strip that connects the LCD module to the connector on the circuit board before you do anything with the front half of the scanner. It's easy for the LCD module to slip out of place during reassembly. I had already taken mine apart on two previous occasions, and reassembled it with no problems, but the third time I guess something shifted at the last second, with catastrophic results.

I would appreciate any help.

Yes, RSU part number 12429270 for the Pro93 and Pro95 LCD is no longer available at RSU parts.

12392296 and 12357752 do not come up as valid RSU part numbers

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Pro-93 / pro-95 lcd

The last time I wanted to purchase this LCD, RSU wanted $51.95 for one. I ended up buying a dead scanner off of eBay and used the display from that.

pro92b

Mutated Member
Premium Subscriber
PRO95 has a 4 line 12 character display. The PRO97 is 16 characters.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
ok,,just thought id offer,,its hitting the trash bin and was hoping to get it to someone who could put it to use..

Part it out on eBay. I'm sure someone would be interested in the logic or RF boards or case parts.
Or you could program it for WX and use it as a weather or single channel receiver.

Does suck the display cracked though.
I did that once with an Icom 725 transceiver:lol: I was lucky though and Icom still had the LCD module even though the radio was very old when that happened. I still do not know how I broke the display. It is behind a clear plastic window with an air gap between the two and the radio was not open for service.
I think it was smacked by a ball that was tossed for a dog but it did not damage the clear plastic window.

Last edited:

mccalm

Thank you!

ive got an lcd from 97...post a pic of the original..
if it even looks close ill send it for free..

Thank you very much for your generous offer, but the LCD in the 97 is a different module than the one I need. Don't throw your 97 in the trash! I assure you, there is someone out there who can use it for parts value.

I believe the LCD module in a PRO-93 will work for me. I also read that a PRO-2053 "is the base version of the PRO-93" and from the photos I have seen, the display appears to be what I need. I am not positive it will interchange though. So if anyone has a PRO-93, PRO-95, or a PRO-2053 in the junk box, I am interested in hearing from you....

Status
Not open for further replies.