Pro-95 Problem Please Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IIIKillaJIII

Hello all, I have had my pro-95 scanner for a few years now and up until a few months ago it worked great. Here is the problem as best as i can describe it. Most of the time lately it will not pick up my trunked frequencies unless i am in manual mode. When i search through them manually it picks up fine. It shows the talk group or Motorla # and everything but if i just let it scan it will not stop on anything. Here is the weird part. I leave it on 24/7 and sometimes it just decides to start picking up again in scan mode works great for awhile and then goes deaf. Again if i scan manually it picks up everything. Any ideas?

Thank you ahead of time for your help!!!!!

rmiller818

We need to know where and what you are trying to listen to. Could be something simple such as a minor change to the system or could be something else.

IIIKillaJIII

I am in Knoxville Tennessee and im trying to listen to a Motorola trunking system. Pretty much everything around here uses that system.

ltjweiss

yes like a change on the control channel, or it could have something to do with the squelch, i also have a pro-95 and i think you can set a different squelch setting for TRS's, but i am not sure i would rarely use that option.

IIIKillaJIII

Sorry its a type 2 system. This is driving me crazy! What is a TRS i only know about the squelch knob and it is all the way down. What is a control channel? I never did anything before except program in the frequencies and it picked up great.

rmiller818

IIIKillaJIII

Thank you man!!!! It was the 854 range control channel. For some reason I didn't have any of the 854 frequencies in. Got them programed and now it is working great again. Thank you again for
your time.

jblackst

Feed Provider
Thank you man!!!! It was the 854 range control channel. For some reason I didn't have any of the 854 frequencies in. Got them programed and now it is working great again. Thank you again for
your time.

The 854 control channels were just added a short while back (late 2008, early 2009).

There are more than 2000 users on the system, maybe it was getting crowded?

Status
Not open for further replies.