Pro 95 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

philsla

My friend and I purchased Pro 95's years ago and they have been working fine till recently. Mine does not receive the motorola trunking channels..........his does. I still get lower range frequencies on mine, such as the airport freqs. The first sign of a problem was the first 6 banks were locked out and I could not unlock them or do anything with them. These banks contain my trunking frequencies.

I have Win95 software that we used to program them. So, I took his and imported his data into win95. I then initialized mine and dumped the data back onto mine and no difference in the result. It still will not receive trunked channels/banks.

I can lock his on a specific channel/freq and hear transmissions. On mine, same channel and freq, all I hear is that dreaded noise. (Not sure what it is called...the control channel?)

For the life of me, I cannot figure out what is different between the two. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Phil

jackj

Sounds like yours is broke. Now you get to decide if you want to fix it or replace it.

philsla

Yes, it does sound like it is broken. Probably not worth fixing.

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
Where is the RS Repair Depot? I looked on the Internet but saw only bad remarks of them.

TKS John

Any Radio Shack store will send it to the repair center for you. Not sure where you were looking because there are many positive posts on this forum about RS repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.